thirty

"do i need to dress nicely?" heejin asked herself, moving clothes back and forth as her wet hair draped against her back

she didn't know what to wear. she was at home but then again yeonjun was over so her mother probably wanted her to have a more cleaned-up look.

she glanced back down at the clothes she picked before going to the shower.

an over-sized hoodie and sweatpants.

is that okay?

yeah, that should be okay.

looking at herself in the mirror made her begin to rethink.

she began to pull the hoodie off when there was a knock at the door, "heejin?" yeonjun called.

panicked, she whipped the hoodie back over her head, not caring that the hood laid on her, blocking her hair from falling out.

"yeah?" she asked, opening the door frantically.

"where do i put this?" yeonjun asked, pulling the towel from his head to reveal his wet, messy blond hair.

"here," she said, taking the towel from his hands and tossing it into her laundry bin.

"um, let's go to dinner?" she shrugged, closing the door behind her after grabbing her phone.

yeonjun nodded, walking ahead of her and down the stairs to the kitchen.

walking behind his taller figure made heejin realize what he was wearing.

he definitely had a more fashion-based wardrobe compared to her.

he somehow made a graphic black t-shirt with the front tucked into black jeans look very exquisite.

"good to see you both doing as told." chaemi smiled, tapping her fingers lightly against the kitchen table.

the two sat down across from her, awkwardly smiling with quick nods, each waiting patiently for minsoo to sit the last food dish down.

luckily it didn't take long, minsoo joining them to eat.

silence closed in on them, no one knowing what to talk about at the moment until chaemi spoke up.

"so, i know this will probably upset you two but i care too much about your well-beings to let this continue. heejin, tomorrow, you will be leaving for home."

"but mom-"

"no but's, heejin. you have missed too many classes."

"sooyoung has been sending me my notes."

"sooyoung isn't responsible for you. you will be moving back to your house tomorrow. i will be expecting for you two to hang out more. i have made sure to get all of your friend's numbers to keep up to date with you two. everyone understand?"

the young adults both let out huffs but replied accordingly, "yes, ma'am."

now what?