fifty eight

—WEDNESDAY

—WEDNESDAY

the day had finally arrived.

they were all nervous, not sure how many people would show up or if they'd have enough of an audience for heejin's mother.

the nine of them arrived together at the venue early to practice before letting the people outside- in.

arriving early resulted in none of them being able to witness the excess amount of people standing outside waiting for their performances to begin.

"heejin, heejin! you've got to see this!" taehyun rushed towards her, latching onto her hand and dragging her to the stage.

"what, what?" she asked him as they ran, confused by his sudden shift in demeanor.

"look!" he said excitedly, pulling back the curtain to showcase the thousands of people in the audience.

heejin stayed silent, her mouth slightly parted as she gawked at the number of people having shown up.

signs and blue glow sticks shined everyone.

"heejin, we are here for you!"

"take care, song chaemi!"

"we will support HJS and TXT to the end"

"we stand by song heejin"

her eyes began to glisten as she felt herself gush at the amount of support from people in the crowd.

she hadn't expected the turnout, but nonetheless, she was more than grateful.

"what's wrong?" yeonjun rushed over, trying to fix his mic as his eyes worriedly looked between heejin and taehyun after feeling heejin's emotions.

"look," taehyun motioned, pulling him to the curtain.

"oh my god..." yeonjun drifted, smiling as the crowd chanted along to the song playing.

—overview + later

to begin the night of performances, the nine had put together a piece for them to do together. it had gone very well- the cheers from fans radiating through the air- making each of the young adults smile brightly as they performed.

after their performance, they conjoined and moved the front center of the stage, taking turns to introduce their groups and members.

"hello, everyone." heejin began afterward, bowing to the crowd and in return earning more screams from excited crowd-members.

surprised and still shy by the sudden amount of cheers for her, she stepped backward, pulling yeonjun's arm in front of her habitually.

the small action only made the crowd roar louder, everyone awning at the action and making both of them smile brightly.

after the cheers died down a bit, she stepped forward once again, still holding onto yeonjun tightly.

"first of all, we would all like you guys to know that we are extremely thankful for everyone that showed up, bought tickets, and etcetera.

"um, so i'm sure a lot of you would like to know the whole story behind the concert. so i guess i'll tell you all what i'm comfortable with.

"so when i was around eight or so, my father passed away in a car crash. and then a few months before i turned ten, my mother was diagnosed with an illness. as time passed on, she got gradually weaker and weaker.

"as of right now, she is at the hospital in need of surgery, which is why we are holding this concert. sadly, i don't have enough money on my own to pay for her surgery so all of the money that doesn't go towards paying the lovely staff that is helping us tonight will be going towards my mother's operations."

she stopped, a bit teary-eyed- softly laughing at herself as she pulled the mic away from her mouth and wiped a tear away.

the crowd let out words of encouragement towards her, leading to a bright smile forming on her face once again.

yo only two more chapters left. i'm so emotional.