thirty three

the car ride must have taken a lot out of heejin because as she got out of the car, she could feel her body begin shutting down

"you tired?" jiyeon asked her, wrapping an arm around her waist to keep her up.

"just a bit." heejin nodded, yawning as the warm sun began to set behind them.

"heejin, watch the babies, we'll order the ice cream." soobin told her, seeing her begin to open and close slowly.

heejin nodded and walked over to an empty booth beside the others. beomgyu and jisoo sat on one side of a booth with sooyoung and taehyun in another, both of them holding their own conversations.

she stayed quiet, giving in to sleep as she held her head upon her hand, letting her eyes finally close.

but suddenly there was someone sitting next to her.

opening her eyes partially, she realized it had been kai who had joined her in the booth after he had gone to use the bathroom.

"you tired?" he chuckled, feeling heejin rest her head on his shoulder.

"extremely." she yawned.

he nodded- although heejin didn't take notice- and continued his game.

soon enough the three oldies of the group came back with everyone's ice cream, except for heejin, as they knew she wouldn't be awake long enough to finish it.

"want to take my place?" kai asked, looking up at yeonjun.

he nodded, carefully placing his ice cream down and putting a hand under her head to keep her from waking up while kai moved.

they were lucky, yeonjun replacing kai without any problems.

"at this point, i'm literally just a ninth-wheel." kai pouted, looking around at the four [practically] couples.

"is that even a real thing?" jisoo asked, looking over towards kai.

"you tell me." he huffed, putting a spoon of ice cream into his mouth.

the older friends giggled at his cute remarks, continuing with their own ice cream.

"i have a question." yeonjun suddenly says, directing his tone towards jiyeon.

"what?" she asked plainly.

"does she always cling onto things when she sleeps?" he asked, referring to heejin, who had her arms snaked around his waist at the moment.

"is it a bad thing is she does?"

"well, no but every time i wake up around her she's always holding onto me tightly."

"oh. and yeah, she's extremely clingy when she's asleep. she actually can't sleep well unless she's holding onto something or if someone hugs her."

he nodded, taking in the new information.

i forgot to update for two days so i'm just gonna spam some updates rq lol