ONE

A huge thank you to @xazraex for the amazing cover, the more I look at it, the more I love it.
xxx
M.

PS: I will delete any spoilers comments. You are more than welcome to comments #rr but please don't ruin this book for the #ftr.

And I don't believe I'm saying this but... STOP BICKERING, Lord, some of you are worst than toddlers. It's ok to hate Kate and it's fine to like her, no need to argue people!
—————————————————————

I open my eyes and find myself in a foreign space. My neck bends in an uncomfortable angle and I see different lights dancing in front of me. For a moment the strange sight almost get me a heart attack, but then I remember the last 12 hours, or what felt like the last 12 hours of my life.

I guess here the time ticking differently than at home.

I guess here space has a different meaning than at home.

I sit up straighter and look around me, the sea of creatures with different colors and shapes are all over the place. Some of them are sitting down, some are standing, and some are floating.

I look at my right side, as a female made a noise but all my ears can catch are some static noises. I guess the translator is still loading...

"Do you understand me?" The female tilts her royal blue head to me. She has three perfectly round eyes and they blinking one after the other. Her tentacles like hair floating around her head as if she is under the water. She has a round shape face and flat nose with two lines as lips.

But still, what a sight to see.

"Yes, I understand you," I reply to her.

"What?" Well, now I guess her translator still loading to catch my language.

I clear my throat, preparing to speak a bit louder, although I know my voice wasn't the issue. "I said, I understand you, perfectly."

She is eying me with her three different golden color eyes, "Well, what are you? I have never seen your kind before."

"I—I'm Kate, I'm human, from planet earth," I extending my hand to her, as a normal human reflex for meeting a new person for the first time. But the three eyes lady just look at my hand confused.

"Huh, never heard of that planet before. I'm Qe, Where are you going?" her eyes are looking at three different directions, at the same time.

"Tzar," I reply simply.

"Ahh... are you the first of your kind?"

"Yes," The first, and probably will be the only.

"Tzarians are good male. Too stiff, but good. At least you don't need to fight for your honor, or to keep your limbs intact."

Well, what good news. "Thanks, where are you going?"

"I don't know yet. I'll go to Ymel'isgyt Hor'gewsh and see where my adventure takes me." I can never repeat the name of that planet.

"Ahh... That's great." That was the only thing I can say.

She looked behind her and stood up. "Next station is Tzar, you better gather your belongings and get ready."