[ i ]

"'i'm hungry!', says kevin. eat, kevin!" jacob just read a comment while doing a vlive. the name sounded very familiar. then jacob froze for a second. how could he ever forget kevin?

jacob bae was the biggest soloist in the entire industry of kpop. millions of fans around the world shower him with love and support. but he also receives quite an abundant amount of hate and criticism over every mini mistake he makes, no matter how small or how big. but this doesn't bother him so much. focusing on his fans is what he should be doing, and it's what he does.

jacob had immigrated to seoul from canada, toronto to be exact. his family, friends and childhood memories were all left behind the day he came to seoul. life was interesting for jacob in the dazzling city of seoul. yet, life was just the same back in toronto. an interesting past with a young boy a year younger than him was what made his story so.

they were quite happy. jacob and kevin met in high school when the younger moved from vancouver to toronto, fell in love in a very cliche manner, and were still together after school. they, indeed, were happy. but then jacob wanted to move. having the same ethnicity, he thought kevin would accompany him to seoul. but the elder didn't want to, he had a life planned in canada. a petty argument had broken out, leaving their minds lingering with the harsh goodbyes.

two years later, jacob was a celebrity and kevin was an ordinary medical student - not that he wanted to be one, having a knack for art and craft. kevin was basically pressurised into studying medical at seoul national university, when all the boy wanted was to draw in the alluring lands of canada. yet, he followed the idol with great interest and passion. their lives had long since separated. why did they have to reconcile now?

kevin, watching the vlive, froze on hearing jacob read his comment. the way he said his name made his insides churn. it rolled off of jacob's tongue with tremendous ease, like he was meant to say that name all his life. no, it can't be. sure, kevin did love him back when they were in canada. but now, they were in seoul, with their paths diverged long ago. and even if kevin didn't miss jacob freezing for a split second in his vlive (not because of the network, but because he said kevin's name), jacob was nothing but an idol that kevin slightly adored.

(a/n hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter! ^~^ )