[ iv ]

"go shower, i'll shower in the other bathroom, wear whatever you want from my closet", jacob was instructed upon entering kevin's bedroom. the younger had a small apartment, all to himself.

jacob showered quickly, letting the warm water trickle down his body and remove all traces of the cold and wetness. wrapping himself in a towel, he stepped out and looked through the small and cramped cupboard. putting on sweats and a hoodie (kevin had a million hoodies, he noticed as he looked through), jacob observed the room.

a small single bed in the corner, a window right above it, a desk facing the bed, the closet next to the desk and finally, a bookshelf near the foot of the bed, facing the bathroom entrance. mostly, there were sticky notes, charts and notes stuck around his bedroom. going through a few if them, jacob concluded he was a medical student. why? didn't he want to proceed with a career in the stream of arts?

the only thing not related to biology or science was a poster. a big one on the door of his closet. one with jacob's face on it. it was taped on the wardrobe, but the edges had started curling and the tape was not as efficient, signifying it had been there for quite a while. jacob blinked at it for a few seconds, but then he heard a door opening somewhere else in the apartment. stepping out of kevin's room, he saw kevin wearing shorts and a soft, oversized hoodie, with his hair damp from washing.

jacob stole a small glance at kevin's exposed legs. "i'll make something for dinner, although i can't cook very well. you can go watch some tv or do whatever you like", said kevin, heading to the kitchen after receiving a nod from jacob. the elder glanced around the living room to see of there was something that could interest him, but alas, nothing caught his eye. he sat down on the sofa for a while, playing with his fingers and just thinking. about kevin mostly, but jacob would never admit that.

at that point a beeping sound came from the kitchen. jacob just glanced at the way towards the cooking area but thought he better not go. until the beeping became faster. he got up and entered the kitchen, only to be met with one hell of a mess.

there was a pile of flour on the floor, splattered across a radius of about a foot. a cracked egg was getting burnt on the electric stove directly, no pan or utensil between the egg and stove. the cupboards were all wide open, a few things close to falling. the rest of the counter was either wet or drenched in what appeared to be a curry of sorts. in the middle of all this, kevin was trying to put out a fire which had ignited in a pan at the sink. he had attempted to put on an apron, which was on backwards and was almost falling off him.

"oh kevin, i shouldn't have let you cook", jacob said. kevin turned around with a red and sweaty face, eyes wide. sighing again, jacob decided to clean the mess. first, he kicked kevin out of the kitchen and told him to shower, again, as he was drenched with a few foods as well. next, he disposed off all the wasted food, including the egg, flour, curry, and whatever was in the burnt pan.

at that point, he realised the alarm was still beeping. having no idea how to turn it off, he smacked it with a slipper, the alarm getting dismantled. he then gathered all the utensils and dumped them in the sink, placed all the leftover stuff in the fridge or cupboards neatly, and wiped the counter tops and the stove clean with tissues.

he then fished out his phone to order some pizza. kevin entered the kitchen with clean clothes, to be met with a clean kitchen. his jaw dropped as he recalled the mess he made. he felt bad for making jacob clean the mess, so he insisted to wash the dishes. he told jacob to go do whatever he liked, only after assuring he won't make another mess.

(a/n just so y'all know, jacob's company and the university is in the heart of the city, jacob's dorm and kevin's apartment are in the suburbs but on opposite ends)