[ x ]

"you ran out?! oh my god, i give up!"

kevin was very frustrated. it was the eighth of august, younghoon's birthday. chanhee and kevin had planned a surprise party for him once he returned from his parents' house, whom he had gone to visit for his birthday. the birthday boy's boyfriend was in charge of decorating the house, while kevin was getting him present from the both of them. he bought a nice pastel hoodie, a few accessories, numerous little decorations for his apartment, a cactus which caught his eye, and several other things.

one last thing he had to get was the older's favourite food-raisin bread. yet, kevin wondered how all the bakeries had ran out of that specific bread on that very day. he groaned a little loudly, he was frustrated after checking around ten bakeries, and then headed to the last bakery he has on his list.

it was quite small, not very prestigious. it had a homely aura radiating off it. as soon as he walked in, he bumped into someone dressed in all black, topped off with a cap and mask. kevin was already running a little late, and his head was about to explode from the horrible day he was having, so ignoring the person's profuse apologies, he dashed to the counter and almost crashed into it. "DO YOU HAVE RAISIN BREAD?!", a very out of breath kevin shouted, sorta disrupting the calmness, but he couldn't care less.

the cashier, caught flustered, stuttered out, "w-we just sold out! the bloke in here a f-few minutes ago bought the l-last t-two ones!" kevin wasted no time and dashed out, hoping to catch the person he bumped into. thankfully, he was just turning around the corner. kevin picked up the pace (stan 3racha) and caught up to the mystery man. he caught his arm and turned him around. "excuse me mister, but i need your bread!"

only, kevin was shocked it was jacob of all people. of course, the universe just wanted his already bad day to get worse. he groaned loudly, and turned back to a very shocked jacob. "listen jacob, it's younghoon's birthday, i don't wanna disappoint him, and he probably loves that wretched raisin bread more than me, and chanhee would dump me in a trashbin if younghoon doesn't have that bread on his birthday. i'll pay you back in whatever way you want, but please, hand me that bread!"

"oh! um, sure! i mean, i only bought it 'cause i wanted a break from cereal, but you can have it, i'll buy something else. and you don't need to pay me back!"

"really?! oh my god, thank you so much!"

jacob handed kevin the brown paper bag with the warm bread, and the younger accepted it with a small smile. their eyes met for a moment, but just a small one. both boys looked away, a very slight pink tinge gracing their cheeks. at that point, kevin's phone rang, beyonce's 'single ladies' blasting in the crowded street. kevin picked it up to hear chanhee's voice on the other side.

"keviiiiiiiin! did you get the bread?"

"yeah, but you have no idea how hard it was for me. why does hoon like such a rare bread?! i literally had to take it from jacob!"

"you ran into jacob?"

"yeah, kinda"

"hey, invite him over today for the sleep over!"

"what?! no way!"

"hoonie will be delighted to see him! just do it for your best friend, will you?"

"not fair! this is emotional blackmail!"

"mhmm sure, when you get back, i expect to see two of those breads and one entire jacob bae"

"of course, it's not like i'm gonna bring just half of hi-"

chanhee cut the call, clearly not wanting to put up with kevin's nonsense. kevin awkwardly turned to jacob and murmured, "so, um, chanhee is inviting you to younghoon's birthday sleep over today, please come or else he'll have my ass beaten, that penguin ain't weak"

"uh, sure, it's not like i have any schedule so, why not?"

"really? nice! let's go!"

"lead the way, kev!"

the younger's heart fluttered. but younghoon and chanhee's words came into his mind. he stopped and looked at jacob with a grim face. that caused the elder's face to lose it's smile.

"it's just kevin, jacob"

(a/n I'm gonna update once more today cause I can't wait for STARXNYU to read the next chapter, lol it's a bbangnyu one)