[ ii ]

waking up at the break of dawn on a sunday morning and cramming all sorts of medical knowledge into his brain was nothing unusual for kevin. a nice and bitter morning coffee was enough to give him a boost. studying till your brain is on the brink of bursting is a given when you're a medical student. why was the human body so damn complicated, was the common question every medical student wished to ask.

studying usually went on till kevin's stomach started rumbling form hunger. after all, he can't start the day with just a coffee. breakfast was followed by a shower and more studying. if not a sunday, kevin would be in a lecture and a daily migraine would try to devour his head. after lunch, he couldn't take it anymore. too much studying, he needed a break. a walk about the neighborhood was the best option.

stepping out during the onset of winter, kevin was wrapped up in jeans, a sweater, a scarf around his neck with a trench coat to top it up. this was enough to block out the cold, yet it was only going to get colder. walking around, kevin lost track of time. he hardly stepped out if not for lectures, and for once, he was able to bask in the surroundings.

seoul was indeed a bustling city. roads were packed most of the time and crowds were quite abundant. although he was living in the suburbs, kevin would often experience the rush of a highly populated and developed city. despite all this hype, seoul was a little calm too. serene greenery was quite common. seoul was definitely amazing.

yet, it would never be home. despite being of korean ethnicity, kevin never felt like he belonged in seoul. Although he was here, his soul still wished to live in canada, to relive all the moments he recalls at the most random times, to breathe canadian air, and be held by jacob. what?! no way, strike out the last part.

a deep sigh escaped his "non-existent" lips as kevin decided another coffee won't hurt, entering a cafe he came by. a small one, the cold seeping through every time someone opened the glass door. placing an order for an americano, he sat at a table near the counter. having spent too much time outside, he thought he should really get back to studying.

at that moment, a cold breeze entered the cafe. curiousity getting to him, kevin looked up, only to meet the eyes of the one and only jacob bae.