[ ix ]

driving through seoul alone wasn't very mood-lifting for jacob. the news of his album delay plus the stress from the vlive had given him a migraine. the only thing that could brighten his day now was eric, not in a romantic way but in a rather friendly one. he parked his car in the huge snu campus and headed to the main building where they had decided to meet up.

he leaned by a pillar, but a vending machine resting against the next pillar caught his eye. sure, it was winter and very cold, but he had a very unsatisfying day so far, so a small cola was fine. the most that could happen was that he would catch a small cold that would even be gone in two days tops.

jacob whipped out a 3000 won note and stuck it in the slit for money. the note was pulled in, and he pushed the button below the cola bottles. the bottle fell, but got stuck in a rack below it. at that point jacob felt like yeeting himself to the next galaxy just to find some peace. he tried kicking the vending machine lightly, hoping it would drop his tea. it wobbled a little, but to no avail.

"kick it harder, it'll drop your drink", a very familiar voice said behind him.
jacob turned around and his eyes met kevin's. kevin smiled a little and shook his head lightly. he walked past jacob and gave the machine a sharp kick, it dropped the cola.

"it's a little old, it does that sometimes, but all it needs is a push"

"oh, um, thank you"

"no problem. if you don't mind me asking, why are you on campus? last time i checked, you already graduated a year ago"

"ah, i'm just picking up a friend, speaking of, eric should have been here by now"

"oh eric? the kid's great fun to be with"

"you know eric?"

"sure! but don't worry, he's the only idol friend i have besides you", kevin said with a visibly teasing smirk on his non-existent lips. what kevin said shocked both the males, wondering where this sudden confidence came from.

"uh, yeah"

"i should get going, my class starts in ten"

"wait kevin!"

"yeah?"

"uh, why-why are you studying medical?"

kevin was silent for a moment, that caused jacob to frown. "let's just say, my parents aren't the best ones in the world"

"o-oh", his frown deepened.

"don't be blue, mr. bae, i'm not exactly suffering. biology's not that bad. anyways, i really gotta blast. catch you later, alligator!"

"wait, kevin!"

"now what?"

"uh, i know you're really amazing at art, so can you help me out?"

"huh? with what?"

"the thing is that, um, i'm having a comeback soon, but my company can't find a designer. so, can you help design the album?"

"uh, i mean, i'll have to think about it. how about i answer you in a few days?"

"sure! just, here's my company's business card, you can call at any one of the numbers there"

"okay sure, i'll think about it. thanks for the offer"

"no problem"

kevin simply waved and went along his way to the medical department. jacob sighed and looked at the sky. the younger in that huge hoodie should be illegal. and his smirk, dear lord!  eric came along a few minutes later, and the two of them had a nice jamming session, and jacob's day was very much brighter and he slept a little more peacefully that night.

thinking of the occurings of that day at night made jacob realise, eric wasn't the only one who could make him smile on a bad day.

(a/n wow an update?! this fast?! I mean physics got cancelled and exactly how many times can I re watch the untamed?)