[ xi ]

"happy birthday!", three people cheered as the door to flat number 221 opened. younghoon, who just came in, flinched a little because of the sudden wishes, but he realised it was chanhee, his lovely one-of-a-kind boyfriend; kevin, his amazing best friend and... jacob.

younghoon's mind filled with questions on seeing the idol, but he held them in, instead giving a flawless reaction to his boyfriend on the surprise, which only made chanhee's smile brighter and younghoon's heart warmer. he took a moment to look around the flat, a few balloons hung around with a few streamers at his feet, thanks to the party popper that kevin popped. chanhee came to hug him immediately, while kevin brought over the cake with candles for him to blow (chanhee had warmed him what would happen if he dropped the cake on his 'wonderful, handsome, lovely, beautiful' boyfriend's feet). meanwhile, jacob stood a little further, afraid to interrupt the weird dynamics of the three.

"make a wish!", chanhee said, so younghoon closed his eyes, intertwined his fingers with chanhee's, and wished. younghoon blowed the candles, his smile never leaving his lips. once he was done, the other three cheered and clapped. younghoon thanked all of them sincerely. chanhee fished out four spoons from his pocket (yes, his boyfriend was weird, but it only made him love the younger more and more). they sat on the couch. chanhee fed younghoon first, then proceeded to eat. within a solid ten minutes, it was gone. they couldn't be blamed because blueberry cheesecake is the best in the world.

kevin went along to prepare for dinner, but not before whispering something in jacob's ear and then dragging him along to the kitchen. although younghoon hadn't heard what they said, he knew that they wanted to give him and chanhee a little time. they hadn't met all day long. the lights were already dim, as younghoon sat on the couch and pulled chanhee in his arms. chanhee smiled and buried his face in the crook of younghoon's neck. "happy birthday, baby", he whispered, his words vibrating against younghoon's neck. younghoon hummed before saying, "thanks, this is the best birthday so far"

chanhee looked at him and smiled, pure happiness reflecting on his face. their couch was facing the window, so they could see the stars outside. younghoon turned to look at the moon, chanhee following his gaze. "what did you wish for?", the younger asked, neither of them taking their eyes off the majestic, endless night sky. younghoon turned to look at him. feeling a gaze on himself, chanhee looked back at his boyfriend. younghoon smiled at him, admiring how pretty he looked in the moonlight. his gaze dropped to his lips, and without hesitation, he swooped in and placed a warm, loving kiss on his soft lips.

chanhee kissed back almost immediately, and felt younghoon's smile grow bigger, if it was even possible. they broke a part after a few seconds, not taking their eyes off each other. "guys! dinner is almost ready!", came kevin's voice from the kitchen. younghoon placed one more kiss on his boyfriend's forehead, before getting up to help the other two.

'i wish that we stay together, forever and always...'

(a/n short chapter, ik, but some bbangnyu content for my lovely partner in crime, STARXNYU!
also, I won't be updating for a week and a half cause I don't have anything written ahead and I got a few exams, so yeet!)