[ vii ]

"you know, this is the first time cob got a boy home. eat well, lucky one!", sangyeon said, only to earn a smack from jacob.

kevin, jacob and the latter's labelmate and roommate, sangyeon, were slurping on cup ramen in the idols' dorm. jacob bought kevin to his dorm, the time being too late to get to the younger's apartment. all of them being too tired to cook, sangyeon hunted some cup ramen from the shelves. of course, the eldest hadn't stopped teasing the two younger, even though they said they weren't even friends.

as soon as sangyeon made his statement, jacob gasped quietly while kevin choked on the noodles halfway down his throat. jacob rushed to get kevin a glass of water and sangyeon just chuckled at both of their reaction.

"what are you even talking about hyung? let him eat in peace!"

"ooh you're the protective type, huh?"

"no, shut up, or else i'll throw out your plants"

that made sangyeon widen his eyes and turn back to his ramen, effectively shutting him up. kevin raised an eye brow at the weird bantering and eventually went back to his food, now that he had stopped choking. the three of them finished their dinner quickly and sangyeon disposed off the cups and wooden chopsticks.

it was around midnight already, so without wasting time, the three of them went to sleep. sangyeon and jacob in their shared and only bedroom while kevin occupied the couch. in a while, two boys were resting peacefully, while the other couldn't sleep a wink. and when he finally did clam his eyes shut, slumber was anything but peaceful.

—[◇]—

it was around four in the morning. jacob woke up with a grumbling stomach and thoughts full of fruit loops. the idol still had no idea why he suddenly has cereal cravings in the middle of the night. sighing silently, he untangled himself from the blanket and tiptoed to the kitchen, trying not to wake the other two.

once he did reach the kitchen, he lighted a scented candle, deciding to have a little vibing session with the candle and cereal. jacob took a plastic bowl from the cupboard and the box of fruit loops from the pantry that also held around six more boxes of cereal. he lives off this stuff, okay? don't judge him.

he took the carton of milk out of the fridge, silently cursing it for lighting up so bright when opened. normally, jacob would put in the cereal first. but right now, at four am, in the dead silence, if he put in the cereal first, it would clink against the bowl and make a remarkable amount of noise. so he poured in the milk first, and then popped on the cereal. he grabbed a spoon to soak the sugary snack, as silently as possible.

once the loops were all soaked up, he munched on them while inhaling the sweet scent of the lavender candle. from the dining table, he had a clear view of kevin sleeping on the sofa. at the first glance, he looked peaceful and tranquil. but when jacob kept looking at him, he noticed the younger's furrowed eyebrows, uneven breathing and beads of sweat gathering at his forehead.

jacob abandoned his cereal and went to check on the younger. he squatted beside the sofa and heard the younger whimper in fear. deciding to wake him up and relieve his pain, he shook kevin slightly while whisper-shouting his name. a few tries later, kevin woke up and sat up, his eyes almost immediately landing on jacob. without thinking much, kevin jumped on the floor beside jacob and threw his arms around the elder, sobbing in his shoulder.

jacob was shocked at the other's sudden breakdown, but eventually started shushing him and stroking his back in an attempt to calm him. soon, the medical student was calm, but sniffed occasionally, and parted from jacob's warm embrace. "i'm sorry, i had a nightmare, it's the first time since canada, but i'm fine now. thanks for comforting me"

"no problem, but you're definitely not okay. come to my room, i'll talk to you for a while"

"uh— but you gotta sleep"

"my sleep kinda went away, so i'm good. just come, will you?"

kevin followed the elder into the room, where jacob lay down on his twin bed and made space for kevin to lay down next to him, which the younger did hesitantly. for the next half hour, jacob offered an endless stream of conversation to the younger, which made kevin more sleepy, and he finally slept while nuzzling into jacob's shoulder. the elder fell asleep too, subconsciously wrapping his arms around kevin and pulling him closer, snuggling his nose into the younger's hair.

(a/n ik I'm like super late but enjoyyyyyy!)