[ xii ]

"hey, come with me, let's give them a little alone time"

jacob did not hesitate to follow kevin into the kitchen after these words. he just stood there, exuding awkwardness, while kevin fished out plates, spoons, bowls and other utensils to eat from. "so, uh, how long have you known younghoon?", jacob attempted making small talk. kevin glanced at him and said, "he was my first friend when i came to seoul. i couldn't have survived without him and chanhee"

"oh. that's cool..."

the awkwardness filled the air, both inwardly cringing at the same. kevin started wiping the plates to have them clean, jacob went closer, wanting to help. "hey, how can i help?", he asked as he moved. kevin turned around to answer, but by then, jacob stood right behind him. so when he turned around, they were separated only by a very small distance. the close proximity made kevin gasp softly, jacob's eyes deeply piercing his own. this made kevin light-headed, and the napkin he was using to wipe the plates fell from his hands and onto jacob's feet. the elder cleared his throat, and retreated. he picked up the cloth and handed it to kevin. "h-here", he managed to stutter.

"uh, thanks. y-you can get more forks from that drawer, i-if you want"

"sure! on it"

a few minutes went by silently. jacob took a few forks and placed them next to the plates, and helped kevin serve the pasta chanhee made while he bought bread and gifts. it was a simple white-sauced one. they were done serving that, now all that was left was to serve the garlic bread, which they ordered from a nearby italian restaurent. "guys! dinner is almost ready!", kevin called out from the kitchen.

five minutes later, all four of them were seated at the dining table ("a dining table? who even sits there anymore", Kevin complained, but shut up after being glared at by chanhee), which was lit up by four candles. that was it. they couldn't even see their own feet. but it was enough to see and eat the food. the four of them clicked a few photos after that ("the world needs to know how amazing my boyfriend treated me on my birthday!"), and were on the floor with a bottle to play truth and dare. no one could deny younghoon on his special day.

the bottle landed on chanhee. "truth or dare?", kevin asked smirking.

"truth"

"have you ever kissed anyone except younghoon?"

"yeah, my first boyfriend, changmin. we're just good friends now"

"obviously"

the bottle next landed on jacob. "truth or dare?", younghoon spoke up.

"dare", jacob wasn't no coward.

"chug down a bottle of ice cold cola"

it was easy for jacob, canada had colder drinks than korea, he realized.

"kevin, your turn. choose"

"hmm... truth!"

"hah- weak!", chanhee booed.

"it's not like you went for a dare, you sassy ass", kevin retaliated.

"anyways, kevin, here's your question! do you regret ending things with mr. bae here?", younghoon interjected before chanhee and kevin could start bickering. his question made all eyes turn to kevin, who, in turn, promptly turned redder than chanhee's least favorite food, tomatoes.

"uh... i-i, um, *gulp*, c-can i pass?"

"sure, but then you'd have to take a shot, and you're allowed only one pass"

"no, whyy~", kevin whined. (a/n omg him whining when he lost the jack stones game akdshdjskdhbja :">)

"rules are rules, kev, come on! don't be a spoilsport! it's just one question"

"you know what? i'll pass! what could be worse than this anyways?"

jacob's face showed pure sadness at that statement. his eyes fell to the floor, wearing a gentle frown on his lips. everyone glanced at him for a second, silently pitying him. before the mood became worse, chanhee challenged younghoon.

"hey babe, truth or dare?"

"uh, dare!"

"kiss me!"

"haha, you don't even have to ask!", younghoon moved over and kissed chanhee, a loud ew could be heard from kevin's side. the game continued, until it was jacob's turn.

"truth or dare?", younghoon asked.

jacob pondered over it for a little under three seconds and exclaimed, "dare!"

now that younghoon had actually met jacob, he could assure that the elder was part time idol and full time angel. he radiated good vibes. younghoon also noticed the heavy tension between the two canadians. of course, they wouldn't work without a little push, and younghoon was more than happy to be the one who gave them that push.

"i dare you, jacob bae, to take kevin out on a date!"

(a/n things gonna get a little bit more inch-resting :> also, ik i said i won't upload till next to next week, but i have my english exam tmrw and i was feeling a liiiiiitle bit productive heh.
lastly, happy birthday to nakamoto yutaaaaaaaa)