Bloodied Rubies

I sighed as I fell into my desk, plopping down in exasperation.

    They were all assholes with egos too big for their bodies, I disliked them all, they were like a cup of poison I’m being forced to swallow.

    That’s Middle School for you, filled to the brim with obnoxious babies that think they’re all adults.

   That is except for Deku.

    Deku was short for a boy his age, green hair reminding me of broccoli, it swirled at least three inches of his head. He had four freckle marks, identical on each cheek, and the brightest green eyes I had ever seen.

   Deku’s real name is Izuku Midoriya, but everyone called him Deku. It was supposed to be a mean nickname, but I used it anyway. I liked it, thought it was cute.

   Deku means ‘the one who can’t achieve,’ or at least that's the way Katsuki Bakugo uses it. 

  Katsuki was tall and strong looking. Eyes as red as blooded jewels, blonde hair spiked up like fireworks, and a perpetual snarl marring his handsome face.

    Deku is the only one daring enough to call the infamous bully Katsuki, a cute child’s nickname like Kacchan.

    Honestly, with Deku being Katsuki’s target, I don’t know how he manages it.

    Deku often seems like a coward, unable to stand up for himself. Yet he always seems to do incredibly dangerous things.

    And calling Katsuki, Kacchan?

   That was dangerous.

   The last time I heard someone other than Deku call him Kacchan, the girl ended up crying for days after hearing what came out of Katsuki’s mouth.

    To me, Katsuki was nothing but a bully, just a sad boy who thought the world owed him.

    He would always brag about becoming a hero, and I couldn’t help but think he was right.

   Heroes were nothing but liars.

   Fakes dressed up in fancy costumes.

   The word hero was nothing but a lie.

   Just violent people with pretty quirks wanting to show off. Despite the literal definition of the word, heroes couldn't care less about saving people. 

    Speaking of Katsuki, he seems to have cornered Deku again.

   I don’t really know Deku that much.

    All I know about him really is that he doesn’t make me want to puke, he tends to have a death wish, and that he and Katsuki used to be best friends.

    The key term being ‘used to be,’ because Katsuki was currently being especially nasty, hands sparking with his powerful explosion quirk.

    The only thing that pissed me off about Deku, was that he won’t protect himself.

    I watched the scene intently.

    The teacher walked in, causing Katsuki to glare but move to his seat. Deku scrambles from him, trying not to fall along the way, he does though and everyone laughs.

   I clicked my tongue in annoyance. 

   “What a moron, am I right (Y/N)!” the girl next to me snorted, I turned my gaze on her, narrowing my eyes. 

    “How would you feel if everyone laughed at you?” I snarled at her and she stopped laughing to turn to the person next to her and mumble.