Over

“Stop this Stain.” I growled out when I came to.

    Stain had me pinned to the cement wall of the alley, the knives cutting through the fabric and holding me in place. 

    “I should have done this the first time I found you in an alley.” Stain chuckled as he sat against the other wall, his red eyes glowing in the dark. 

   ‘Dark? Why was it so dark?’

    It wasn’t just a shadowed alley anymore.

   The sky was inky and the moon was the only thing that pierced through the darkness.

   The hero was no longer there.

   For just a moment, I had to wonder if I was even in the same place, itching in the back of my head telling me otherwise. 

    “Where am I?” I finally asked, fear gripping at my throat.

   Stain flashed me a smile. It made dread bloom in my stomach. 

   “I couldn’t figure out what to do with you. After all, just killing you wouldn’t have satisfied me. You see, what I need to do is convince you of the truth. You’re misguided, swayed by U.A’s fancy teachings. But I’ll bring you back around, after all it’s not your fault they brainwashed you.”

    Stain stood and brushed himself off.

   “We’re in Hosu. I have a target.” 

    “Hosu?” I struggled against the knives but they didn’t budge.

   “You’re crazier than I thought!”

    Stain chuckled dark and low and for just a moment I remembered why I feared him. 

    “I wonder if your so-called heroes are looking for you?” 

    “...What?”

    The question threw me for a loop, it came out of nowhere and caught me off guard.  

   “You’ve been out for a couple of days. Don’t worry, the drugs don’t have any long-lasting effects. I believe you were supposed to show up to a hero agency? Shame they never got to see you.” 

    “You sick bastard!” I screamed out, thrashing against the knives again. 

   ‘Would they even bother to look for me?’

   For a moment I let the ice invade, but then I shook my head and refocused on what was important.

   ‘No. It doesn’t matter. Stain is right in front of me. I have to focus on him.’

   I reeled my panic, my anger and hurt, back in and sharpened it into a fine point.

    Glaring directly into Stain’s eyes, I let my quirk trickle out and Stain laughed, sending me for a loop once more before I came crashing down. 

    ‘My quirk...No!’

    My quirk wouldn’t work.

   I was defenseless.

    “What the hell did you do to me!” I shrieked, panic tearing through my ribs. 

    “I told you, the drugs don’t have any long lasting effects. But a short term side effect is quirk loss.”

    I took his words in with horror, letting the tears gather. 

   ‘How was I supposed to defeat him without a quirk?’ 

   “What’s going on here?” A man from the mouth out the alley yelled out and I saw Stain smile.