Almight

It wasn’t very hard to get rid of the evidence, just throwing away the gloves and washing all the tools.

    There was blood all over the floor, but I cleaned that up quite easily.

   There was also blood on my clothes, but I could always lie and chalk it up to the sludge fight, though I did manage to wash out almost all of it.

    Stain slipped out the window with a grace unforeseen in a man as injured as him, perhaps because of the extra energy I gave him.

     It’s been a few days and I haven’t been contacted since.

     The Sludge fiasco was enough to keep me from talking about him, which was a godsend because I almost found myself spilling everything.

   Katsuki had been more aggressive with everyone lately, going as far as bullying even his underlings.

    Deku get’s the brunt of it when I’m not there to help take off some of the heat. 

    “Deku, why do you put up with him?” I asked once, after a particularly rough Katsuki session.

   “Because Kacchan is my friend.” 

   “You know that’s not true.”

   But Deku just smiled and nodded, not a trace of negativity. 

    “Kacchan’s going to be a great hero! Just wait (Y/N), soon he’ll mellow out and be the hero I know he is!” 

    “What is wrong with you! That's not a good thing!” I roared at him, but Deku just shook his head, confused. 

    “You’ll see, just you wait.”

    All I could do was stare at him in disbelief, the fight falling from my limbs and replaced with a tolerance for Deku’s misguided faith.

   Instead, I changed the subject.

    Deku has been acting quite strange, I see him working out in class constantly, always giving a dazed expression.

    Part of me wondered if he was starting to train for UA, which would be great, except that when I tried to ask him about it he kept the response to a minimum.

    He had something to hide, a liar can always recognize a liar. 

    I smiled, “So are you going to go do whatever you’ve been doing this past week?” 

   “Yes.” 

   “And what have you been doing?” 

   “You know I can’t tell you.” 

    “I’ll find out somehow.”

   He smiled sheepishly at me, and we turned our attention back to the lesson. I was serious about finding out what he’s doing.

   But Deku doesn’t have to know that.      

XXX