Morality

“Alright, spill.” I demanded, staring Deku down.

    I was certain now more than ever, that Deku’s quirk was Almight’s somehow.

   It wasn’t like when an offspring inherited a quirk, that had a lesser resemblance, but this was different.

   They were almost exact copies of each other.  

   “What do you mean?” Deku asked, tilting his head.

   We were walking home after a tiring day at school.

    We met Almight, much to my chagrin, and found out he was a teacher now.

   His first lesson of the school year was to pit the students against each other as villain and hero teams, attempting to build spontaneous teamwork and strategic thinking.

   The first ones up were Deku vs Katsuki, and you can imagine how well that went.

    Katsuki went ballistic, demolishing the building and stopping at nothing to blow Deku to pieces.

    All within the rules of course.

   Deku held up well, breaking his body in the process, but he faced off against Katsuki with remarkable resolve. 

    We got our hero costumes too, all of them very creative.

    Deku’s was cute, mint green with bunny ears and mouthpiece. Clearly, he based the ears off of Almight’s hair.

    Katsuki’s was chaotic, black with blazing orange and large grenade style armbands.

    It clearly showed off just how much he trained his body, letting the class see his defined muscles and a cut waist. 

   “Your quirk. It’s Almight’s.” I said bluntly and watched as Deku froze, staring at me with wide distressed eyes. 

    “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Deku stuttered out, turning away to keep walking, his movements stiff.

     Scowling, I watched him for a moment, feeling the distaste I suffered through whenever I was near heroes.

    I never felt distaste for Deku, not till now.  

   ‘Stop lying. Why are people always lying? Stain might be a murderer, but at least he doesn't lie to me. Not like everyone else.’  

   “Stop lying to me! All you fucking-” Cutting myself off with a quick breath I tried to reel my anger in.

    No one can know about my hatred.

    Deku stopped and stared at me wide-eyed, thrown by my outburst.

   He bit his lip and shuffled his feet. 

    “I can’t tell you (Y/N). It’s not my secret to share, not yet.”

    I stared him down, watching as he slumped in guilt, but never caved. 

    “Okay, I get it. I’m sorry I yelled.” I said, continuing to walk.

     The rest of the time was spent in silence. 

XXX

     Stain and I moved silently through the night, sticking to the large shadows and out of prying eyes. 

     “Where are we going?” I asked as he led me down a darkened roared. 

     “To meet with someone. They want me to join their little group, I’m going just to gather intel.” 

   “Then why am I here?” 

    “Training.”