Bubble

“(Y/N)!” Uraraka called out, waving me to them across the cafeteria.

    Deku, Iida, and Tsuyu sat next to her. Tsuyu was a classmate of mine and had long blackish-green hair that tied at the end like a bow and had a frog quirk. 

   “(Y/N)!” Kirishima called out from his own table.

   He was sitting next to Ashido, a girl with pink skin and little antenna things poking out of her skull with an acid quirk. There was also Denki, a boy with bright blonde hair that had a black lightning bolt dyed on it and an electricity quirk. The boy across from Ashido was Sero, who had black hair and large elbows that produced a super-strong tape. The last person in the group was Katsuki. 

     But not the same Katsuki that shared his deepest insecurities with me.

   The Katsuki I hated since I started Middle School.

    Biting my lip I looked between the two groups, trying desperately to decide where to go.

   I liked just about everyone in the class, except Mineta, a little grape boy that should be ground into the floor. 

   ‘Wait, he’d probably like that.’

   Class 1-A was full of strong students with incredible potential.

   They were all really nice, except Katsuki.

    But I don’t include him in any of my assessments.

    Todoroki, the boy with dual hair, wasn’t very social, choosing to keep to himself with a blank expression, but he seemed relatively nice if a little rude.

    Stain wouldn’t stop calling, asking about my classmates.

    Every time he called I answered, no matter if I was in class or during training or when I was hanging out with my…classmates.

    But my answer was always the same.

    ‘They were good people, even the teachers.’

   I always left Almight out of my assessments, Stain never liked anyone talking bad about the hero.

   Honestly, Deku has a rival in Almight’s biggest fan. 

   ‘Deku...’ He keeps lying to me.

   Sighing, I smiled at Kirishima and joined his table, sneaking a glance at Katsuki. Katsuki stared at me suspiciously. 

    “What, not gonna sit with the nerd?” I looked down at the table and shrugged. 

    “Just thought I’d sit here today.”

    Katsuki stared at me, a look in his eyes I couldn’t quite place. He scoffed and resumed stuffing his face viciously. 

    “So, (Y/N). Who’s your idol?” Ashido asked, and I blinked at her.

   She giggled and clarified, saying “You know, your favorite hero?”

    I frowned, fingers twitching and mouth fighting viciously to turn itself into a snarl. Schooling my features I smiled gently. 

    “I don’t know. They’re all pretty cool aren't they?” 

  “No silly, I mean your favorite. Who do you like the most?”

    I bit my lip at Ashido’s naive comprehension of my responses. 

   “I guess Aizawa is,” I said at last because, in all honesty, he was.

   He was a good man, he taught us well and took care of us.