Chapter 1 - The Kim's Fiancée

"What?!"

The loud voice of the young woman with feline eyes echoed across the hall, breaking the deafening silence that once engulfed the six people who are inside the massive living room.

"I refuse to accept this kind of affair, Papa!" she continued, glaring on the woman that is sitting together with her so-called Papa on the opposite side of the sofa that she and her sisters were sitting on.

"Jen!"

Jisoo Kim, the eldest, pulled the arm of her raging sister to try to stop her from shouting at their father. But Jennie, the stubborn lass that she is, shrugged her older sister and crossed her arms furiously. The feline woman kept her mouth shut, but did not stop from scowling on the newly-claimed fiancée of her father.

"Jennie, darling, I told you. What we have is not merely an affair. I proposed to her because I love her. Irene is a wonderful woman, I just want you to give her a chance to get to know you all. And in order to do that, I insisted that she must live here starting tomorrow."

"Bullshit." Jennie stood up and stomped her foot loudly causing Daniel Kim and his lover, Irene Bae, to flinch on their seats.

"Jennie Kim! You must not speak to our father like that!"

Jisoo having enough of her sister's attitude finally stood up and glared at her younger sibling who only rolled her eyes and walked away from the room. She doesn't want to listen anymore to the lovestory of her father and a stranger that she just met a few minutes ago. She felt betrayed and hurt by her own father.

Daniel Kim just looked sadly at the disappearing figure of her feline daughter. He cannot blame her though, he already expected this kind of reaction from his children, especially from Jennie.

The 50 year-old man gathered his four daughters today to announce his marriage with Irene, who he has been seeing secretly for almost three months now. He hid their relationship from her daughters because he couldn't find the right timing to introduce his lover. And when he finally proposed to her last week and when the woman said yes to him, he decided that they cannot keep this relationship from his children anymore. That's why they are currently here in this difficult situation, facing his four daughters and trying to make them accept the huge decision that he made.

Daniel looked at his twins, Roseanne and Lisa, who have been quiet for a while now after he announced his engagement with Irene. Shock was also written on the twins' faces while looking at the couple, but unlike Jennie, they chose to be quiet and tried to process and understand the information that they received from their father.

"Papa," Jisoo went back to her seat and rubbed her now aching forehead. "You know this is a huge information that we have to take in, right?"

Daniel nodded, "Yes. I know,"

"Then, why did you keep your relationship from us for how many months when you know that it is a big deal for us? And, you just decided to talk to us after you proposed to this girl, who by the way, is a stranger to your own daughters? I thought we're making decisions here in this household as a family? Then how come you just decided, that she," Jisoo pointed at Irene, "will now live here without any of our consents?"

"Jisoo's right, Papa," Roseanne finally took her eyes off from Irene and look at her father blankly. "You did not even consider about your daughters' feelings. And you know your engagement will not only affect us, but it will also affect the image of the family knowing that you are engaged to a woman who's almost half of your age."

"I'm 29."

The silver-haired woman, together with her other two siblings, glared at the short brunette besides their father who, for the first time, finally decided to open her mouth.