Chapter 4 - The Kim's First Date

6 Years Ago

The piercing sound of the bell rang inside the Busan National High School, disrupting the classes that were still going on in the campus. Minute after, students started to leave their respective rooms and dispersed noisily in the hallway. Amid the mob of the teenagers, you can see the two tall 17 year-old blonde twins who are obviously standing out from the crowd.

As you might expect, the tall girl with the bangs was greeting every person that she knows in the hallway. Her smile widening for every giddy enthusiastic and genuine response that she received from her acquaintances. Meanwhile, the slightly taller among the two was only smiling timidly beside her twin. Despite being used to the girl's cheerful and energetic persona, she couldn't help but to feel shy, and sometimes even annoyed, because of Lisa's embarrassing antics.

Roseanne and Lisa were the popular twins that everyone's been admiring from a far. Aside from being in the star section caused by being naturally smart and talented thanks to the good genes of the Kims, the siblings are also known for their exceptional beauty. But being fraternal twins doesn't mean that they have the same hobbies and personalities. In fact, they disagree in a lot of things causing them to always bicker and have a small argument. And even the student body in BNHS knows that the two are actually the total opposite of each other.

Roseanne is the quiet and calm twin who was always on the top of their classes, that's why she was known as the genius twin around the campus. She is also active in joining co-curricular activities, being the captain of the Junior High debate team, represents her department in various quiz bees, and being the president for the Junior High Student Council. Despite of being silent for almost all the time, Roseanne is also known to be a tiger when it comes to arguments or debates. That was one of her traits that made her won during the presidential election of the Junior High. She answered all the questions during their presidential debate in a calm but fierce, collected and intelligent manner that even her opposing candidate was left speechless by her statements. Everyone was amazed that the quiet twin could actually talk like that. It left a huge impression on their part, thus, almost all the students voted for the tallest Kim without any reservation.

On the other hand, Lisa was known as the gregarious and entertainer among the twins. Unlike Roseanne, she was more into physical activities like sports and dancing. She was actually the co-team captain of the BNHS volleyball team and was dubbed as the dancing machine of their school's dancing club. Lisa was also part of their school's Journalism, where she can do the thing that she loves the most, which is photography. The youngest Kim was also popular by the nick-name 'Barbie Doll Lisa', for having gorgeous features like a barbie, a body proportion that is to die for, and donning a long blonde hair. These traits were added to her star quality of being loved by many students. Every boys are swooning over her. Lisa even gained a lot of admirers who wanted to court her, but she always reject them because she already know that she's not into men. And even though she was still in the closet, she was the most sought after girl by the majority of women population in their school. She was fluttered by all the attention that she received, it's unfortunate for them because she's already in a secret relationship with her best friend, Diana.

In spite of having a lot of friends, Lisa still choose to spend her time in school with Roseanne and always accompany the latter. Even though they acted like enemies for their father's attention inside the mansion, it's a different story when they are in school. As opposed to the stereotype of being weak because she's younger, Lisa is really strong which makes her more protective when it comes to her twin.

Lisa's overprotectiveness over her twin started when they were still in their first grade. It was during breaktime when Lisa went out to the playground to play with her newfound friends while Roseanne decided to be with herself on the swing, reading her favorite book. Lisa was having fun with her playmates on the slide when she was distracted by the laughing and teasing noises over the swing area. She was shocked when she saw two boys from their class pushed her twin off from the swing, causing her to fell forward with her face on the ground. Feeling enraged after witnessing what happened, little Lisa stomped her way over the two boys who were now looming over the crying Roseanne that was kneeling on the ground, with her face smudged with dirt. For some reason, call it as the twins connection, she was also hurt and her heart breaks when she saw her sister's tears. And so, without any fear, she punched and kicked the two little boys who made her twin cry. The little bullies bawled and ran towards their nannies after one of the teachers arrived just in time when Lisa was kicking the troublemakers, and pried the little girl away from them. Lisa only shrugged her teacher off and went towards her crying twin. She held little Roseanne in her arms while wiping the latter's tears and quietly promised her that she will never let anyone hurt her again.