Chapter 14 - The Kim's Reconciliation

Irene was sitting in her bed while typing away from her laptop when a knock interrupted her focus. She furrowed her brows and glanced at the wall clock to see that it's already 3PM, it's already six hours since she was released from the hospital and was told to rest by the doctor. But the brunette was not able to peacefully rest because of the thoughts that were bugging her ever since her talk with her fiancé.

Grunting because of her injury, Irene slowly stood up while getting her crutches beside her bed. She strutted her way towards her door and was quite surprised with the presence of the other girl at the other side.

"Jennie? What are you doing here?" She glanced behind the feline and saw two unfamiliar faces. "And who are they?"

The older woman can't help but to build her walls up in front of the Kim. She was kind of traumatized by the events that happened to her yesterday, and despite telling Daniel that they're not sure if it was Jennie's doing, she cannot control her urges to prepare for another unexpected prank that the other girl will pull off.

Jennie sensing the wary look from the brunette cleared her throat before opening her mouth to speak. "I'm here to apologize."

Irene raised her brows and tightened her hold on her crutches.

"I know you and father thought that I planned that fake kidnapping, and even though I did not do it, still, I'm sorry." Jennie took a deep breath. "I'm sorry for all the things that I did, and the hurtful things that I said. I just want to protect my father. Did I regret all of it? No. But did I feel sorry? Yes."

The frown of the shorter woman went even deeper. She bit her lips before scanning the face of the apologetic Jennie. The blunt statement of the half-blonde did not shock her, but it is the sincerity and the guilty look that was faintly blinking behind those eyes caught her by surprise. She knows it is not easy for the other girl to lower her pride and be the one to admit her fault, so it was totally unexpected for Irene to hear the other girl's apology.

"Okay."

Jennie tilted her head at the short reply of the brunette. She expected more than one word, but it seems like Irene already built her walls higher to defend herself from the former.

"Okay?" It was a genuine question, and the older girl saw no sarcastic tone from Jennie, thus, she only nodded her head to prove her point to the other woman, and that she's not the kind of person who can be easily swayed with words, that she needs to show it through her actions. Fortunately, Jennie understood her after taking a minute of scanning her face. Irene motioned at the other girls who are with Jennie.

"Oh," Jennie sighed after realizing she cannot get anything more than a word and pointed at the two strangers behind her. "They're here to get your measurements. Excuse me," She passed by Irene who moved aside reluctantly while still staring at her and her companions who followed her inside the room.

"Measurements? For what?"

"For your engagement party."

Irene paused for a moment. She sighed sadly and went at the end of her bed to take a seat before putting her crutches beside her. "We won't be having a party anymore this weekend, Jennie."

"I know that."

The older woman looked up with a confused face. "Then why are you still here?"

"Because we will move the party next weekend. Father was already spreading the news to the guests, and now I'm here to take your measurements so that we can get you a dress that will totally fit your body and style. No offense, but the dress that you and my older sister picked screams unfashionable. And that's not the right way to give a first impression about the Kim's new addition, isn't it?"