Chapter 7 - The Kim's Taco Tuesday

Jennie and Lisa were sitting on Irene's bed gaping while watching their plan failing in front of them. The brunette was handing the snake to Yeonwook who bowed furiously at the Kims when he arrived at the room. The youngest Kim called him after she admitted to her father that it was a pet of their staff that she borrowed for her photoshoot and she might left the door of "her room" open when she went out because Jennie was calling her, in which she received a glare from the feline woman.

"I'm deeply sorry for the trouble that my pet caused, Señor Kim." Yeonwook bowed in front of Daniel and Irene after he successfully put his pet inside its cage.

"It's okay young man. It's not your fault. It was Lisa who borrowed your pet without taking care of it. She should be the one to apologize." The older man smiled softly at the young boy while patting his shoulder. He then turned to his youngest who gave him a guilty smile.

"Apologize to Yeonwook, young lady. You almost gave me a heart attack because of your carelessness," Daniel turned to his fiancée and kissed her temple. "Thank you again, darling. I'm going back to my room to take a shower."

The feline woman gritted her teeth after watching the sweet moment of the couple before her blazing eyes followed her father out of the room. Her nerves only calmed down when she felt Lisa squeezed her thigh before the latter got up and went to the entrance of the room where Irene and their houseboy were at. Jennie followed behind her sister.

"I'm sorry again, Yeonwook." Lisa offered the boy a smile who only shook his head in return.

"No need Miss Lisa. It was totally fine. And I believe it was an honest mistake and you didn't mean to leave Miss Irene's room open." The two sisters' eyes widen in shock after they heard what Yeonwook had said.

"What? My room?" Irene furrowed her brows at them.

"Ah nothing! Yeonwook got it wrong Irene," Jennie quickly faced the older brunette while shoving Lisa to the confused houseboy. Lisa got the signal and pushed the young man outside of the room. "He meant to tell you that you look so brave while holding that snake," The half-blonde continued dully while changing the subject. "I wonder why? Aren't you afraid of those weird and scaly animals?"

Irene chuckled and shook her head. "Nah. I'm used to it. I got a part time job in an exotic pet shop before when I was still in college. The pay was great, so I conquered my fears and later on, got used to them. And I even learned how to love and take care of them." She smiled.

Interesting. Jennie thought while studying the genuine happiness on the brunette's face.

"You know, I also learned how to like snakes because they are always being judged without getting to know them first. They are being stereotyped that they are dangerous just because some of their species are venomous and aggressive. When in fact, they are also like us, who have different personalities or characters that were developed under the influence of their environment and the ones who took care of them." Irene continued, her gaze on Jennie never faltered.

The feline woman was quite surprised by the philosophical statement by the shorter girl. She broke their gaze when she got uncomfortable under the gaze of the brunette.

"I guess you're right," She mumbled and silently walked out from Irene's room.

She looked up and saw Lisa alone leaning on the hallway, Yeonwook was already missing in sight.

"Thanks again, Irene!" Lisa waved at her father's fiancée who also went outside of her room. She smiled at the shorter girl before she was dragged away harshly by the older Kim.

When they turned into the east wing, Jennie let go of Lisa's arm and pulled the latter's left ear instead while dragging her into the direction of the feline's room. Lisa bend down a little and whined painfully while holding Jennie's wrist.