Chapter 3 - The Kim's Great Plan

"Wait, so you'll finally have a stepmom? But she is half your father's age?" Diana stopped from putting away some of the pastry samples that she gave to Lisa to taste, and raised her eyebrows at the Kim.

They are currently at the back of the El Café, and Lisa just finished tasting the three different pastries that the baker made. The café is a combination of a coffeeshop and a bakeshop that was established about a year ago after Diana finished her culinary school. It was a thriving business despite having a space that is only enough to accommodate 20 people tops, and Lisa was very proud of her best friend's achievement. The café was closed for today because it's the shop's once in a month day-off, and the time when Diana have to make or experiment new recipes.

"Yeah. She tried to reason out that she's already 29."

"But that's still almost half of Señor Kim's age! She's young enough to be your lover!" Diana replied exasperatedly.

"Thank you! That's what I told them! But my father got angry at me and said, and I quote, 'don't you dare think about her inappropriately!'" Lisa mimicked her father's deep voice and his angry expression while pointing her finger at the older woman. She then licked the icing from the fork that she was holding, still trying to get a taste of the yummy dessert that her friend made.

Diana shook her head and let out a small chuckle. She grabbed the utensil away from Lisa and put it on the sink together with the other dirty dishes. The short-haired woman pouted because of the lost treat, but the older woman ignored her and started to wash the plates that they used.

"So, what are you and the other señoritas going to do now?" She asked while busying herself with the dishes.

Lisa propped her chin in the palm of her right hand and pondered about Diana's question. "Erm, nothing?"

Diana looked over her shoulder and saw the naughty eyes of the Kim. She turned her body to face her and pointed her soapy finger at the latter.

"I know that look, Lalisa. I've known you since we were 9. And I'm already familiar with you and your sisters antics. Everything is a competition when it comes to your father's attention."

Lisa raised both of her hands. "Woah, easy there, D. I swear, me and my sisters haven't had the chance to talk since yesterday. And we don't have anything planned that we wanted to do to Irene," Diana scoffed and the other girl grinned at her while bringing her hands down on the table. "Well, I mean, not yet."

"For the love of God, Lisa. When will the four of you grow up? I mean, Jisoo and Roseanne are more mature than you and Jennie, but I know they can be pretty childish when it comes to your petty fights. And don't get me started to you and Jennie, you two are a bunch of kids!" Diana rolled her eyes and went back on washing the dishes.

"Hey! What's with the attack? I told you, we don't have anything planned yet. I'm not even sure if they really wanted to do something about Irene."

"But I'm hundred percent sure that you already have something up your sleeve. I've known you for your whole life as a prankster and a bully, L." Diana started to dry the plates.

"I'm not a bully!"

"You're not a bully to those people who find you funny and who are kind towards you. But you always prank people because you find it fun."

"I only prank them because they deserve it. You know it, D. And I'm not even doing it constantly. Well, aside from my sisters, because I love seeing them suffer and getting on their nerves." The young woman grinned at Diana who only shook her head in return.

"So, you think your soon-to-be stepmom deserves to be made fun of that's why you're going to prank her?"

"Well, I can't say that she deserves it, yet."