Chapter 8 - The Kim's Best Friend (M)

4 Years Ago

"Chu, can you please answer this for me? It's a reviewer for our Corporate Finance subject that I found online. I really need an answer key for that one to check if my answers were right." Jisoo took the paper that was handed to her over the library table by her best friend, Suzy. She flipped over the five pages and glanced at the taller girl whose eyes look so weary under her huge nerdy eyeglasses that was almost covering her face.

"Of course, Ji. I'll answer this and return it back to you before the end of our break." The Kim answered while closing the book that she was reading. It was only Wednesday but she was already done studying for their upcoming finals next week. She only accompanied Suzy at the library so that she can help her if she needed one on her subjects, especially when she noticed that the taller girl looks so exhausted and distracted lately. Jisoo also noticed the scores that her best friend was getting on their quizzes that were lower than her usual scores. They were already at the end of the first semester of their last year in the university, that's why it was very crucial for the both of them, who are running for Laude's, to get higher grades in their major subjects.

"Thanks, Chu. You know that I really need to get a higher score on that subject to secure my candidacy for the latin honors," Suzy frowned and sighed deeply while biting her lips. Unlike Jisoo who always aces their subjects, Suzy was inconsistent when it comes to her grades. There were subjects that she really needed to study hard in order for her to get a high grade, but not higher than the genius Kim, and there are also some that she could easily ace.

"You know you're always welcome, Ji. Just go back on studying while I answer this one." The younger girl beamed at her best friend who only offered her a tired smile and went back on her modules while tapping her fingers softly at the table. The gesture put a soft smile on Jisoo's face as she remembered the first time when she met her good friend in the school auditorium during their freshmen orientation.

Jisoo was not really fond of socializing with noisy strangers that's why she sat at the furthest corner of the seats just to avoid the certain crowd. She was listening to the opening remarks of the university president when a shadow loomed over her, blocking her view of the stage. She looked up and saw a tall girl with huge eyeglasses who was fidgeting with her fingers while looking at her shyly.

 She looked up and saw a tall girl with huge eyeglasses who was fidgeting with her fingers while looking at her shyly

"I-I'm sorry. I was told that Business Ad students should sit over here, and the seats are kind of full in the front row. Erm, can I sit beside you? I promise I won't bother you!" The cute girl babbled nervously and looked down when Jisoo frowned at her.

Jisoo took sympathy at the shy girl and only nodded her head while straightening her legs. The other girl bowed at the brunette and muttered a soft thank you while taking her seat beside the Kim.

It was in the middle of the boring orientation when Jisoo was suddenly distracted by a soft tapping sound beside her. She looked at her side and saw the shy girl that was unconsciously drumming her fingers at the arm of her chair. The brunette got annoyed and couldn't help herself but hissed harshly at the girl.