Chapter 6 - The Kim's First Attempt

It was 10 minutes before two o'clock when Jennie arrived at their ranch wearing a long black button-up shirt, an expensive breeches, and a pair of high black boots. Roseanne, who was wearing the same outfit as Jennie, was already outside of the stable together with the other stable boys who were attending Jenny the horse. She was grooming her own tall orange-colored stallion while having a conversation with one of the stable boys.

Jennie went to her tall white mare while giving a slight nod to her sister and politely greeted the other workers.

"Hey there pretty, how are you?" She whispered to Jenny while petting the horse's velvety muzzle. The white horse neighed in return, as if understanding her owner's question. The half-blonde girl let out a gummy smile after seeing the cute reaction of her mare. She happily groomed her pet, mimicking the task of her younger sister.

"You really missed her, huh?" Roseanne said while watching the older Kim brushing Jenny's mane.

"It's been two months since the last time that I walked her. Though, I came here once in a while, but it was only for a very short time. I feel kinda guilty for not spending a lot of time with her." Jennie sighed, and as if sensing her owner's displeasure, Jenny grumbled and nudge the short woman with her muzzle. Jennie and Roseanne laughed because of the mare's cute action.

"At least you're still visiting her. Unlike the owners of those two," The silver-haired girl looked at the black and white stallions that were locked on their own stables.

Jennie looked at the direction where Roseanne was looking and can feel her heart break for the pets that were left unattended by their owners.

"We cannot blame them though. This is their own coping mechanism, avoiding things that reminded them of mother even though it's been more than a decade. Unlike us, who loves to revisit every memory that we had with her." The taller woman continued, a hint of sadness can be heard from her tone.

The feline woman only nodded dejectedly and her focus stayed at the white stallion that was quietly eating his food. A certain memory flashed into her mind when she stared longingly at the horse.

"Open your eyes in the count of three. 1, 2, 3!"

"Wow!"

"Mama!"

The twins who were celebrating their 11th birthday exclaimed simultaneously when they finally opened their eyes and saw the surprised gifts that their parents prepared for them. Jennie was showing her gummy smile beside her younger sisters and laughed after seeing the funny reactions of the two when they saw the orange and white colts in front of them.

"Since you've been good in your school, your mama suggested that it's time for you to have your own horses, too. Just like your Jennie unnie and Jisoo unnie." Daniel explained to his daughters.

"This is so awesome! Thanks Mama!" The young Lalisa Kim kissed her mother cheeks quickly and skipped her way towards the young horses while jumping excitedly. While her twin, Roseanne, looked up at her mother and also gave her a tight hug.

"Thank you Mama!" She squealed and followed her sister in their backyard where the colts were being held by the two stable boys.

"Those two. Tsk. You spoiled them too much that they already forgot that I am also part of this present! Aish." Daniel grumbled and pouted at her wife childishly.

"Oh, don't be such a baby. You know they love you too." Mrs. Kim softly replied and gave her husband a light peck on his lips who grinned in return.

Jennie chuckled and watched her father stomped his way towards the twins. She can see that her father was saying something in front of the twins before he was being tackled on the ground by the sisters. The feline girl laughed and looked at her mother who was looking down at her with her own feline eyes.