Cooking?

Ankita's POV:

                        "Send me the pictures soon Anki." Krithi said.

"Once you cut the call Krithi."

"Okay, you send me and I'll get back to you after I see the pictures." She replied.

I sent her the pictures taken during the photoshoot and about fifteen minutes later Krithi called back.

"Hey supp?" I said as soon as I picked up the call.

"Oh my god Anki, I've to tell you, you look so stunning. But at the same time I've to tell you, you both seem like a protagonist and an antagonist posing for your movie's picture."

"Oh really?"

"Both of your eyes are void of emotion. I expected something else for a post-wedding photoshoot. I wanted to see a lovesick couple giving cheesy and cringey poses."

"Lovesick my foot. We just got married three days ago." I snapped at her.

"So what? You're married now and do you have any idea of loving someone else?"

"No." I said.

"Then love him."

"Woah! You mean just because I'm married to someone, I should start loving that person as if it is a default setting or something?" I told chuckling.

"You don't plan to work out this marriage then?" She asked.

"No, if the other person doesn't." I stated.

"What if he thinks of the same?"

"I don't care then."

"Don't waste your life due to your unnecessary ego Anki. Trust me and make a move first, to impress him. All you need to do is take the first move and let him take care of the rest."

"What are you expecting me to do?" I asked puzzled.

"The antique technique. Cook for your husband. He will be totally smitten for you."

"You know this much but you don't know that I have never cooked in my entire life?" I asked her.

" You just haven't tried it yet. That doesn't mean you're bad at it. Give it a try my girl. It might even surprise you."

"What if I fail and it tastes bad? I already have a bad impression on me and this could minus many more points." I asked as I wasn't confident about it.

"Oh, you're such a kitten Anki. Trust me and cook. If you cook having someone in your mind, your earnest desire to impress them will make the food taste heavenly." She said.

"In your dreams Krithi. I don't want him to think that I'm trying to seduce him."

"When have you ever listened to me? Just do things your way and become a world-famous loser. Bye!"

Krithi cut the call abruptly. That girl has got a serious temper. I considered whether I should listen to her words or let it go.

At last, I decided to cook but that was just because I wanted to learn something new in the free time I have.

I entered the kitchen to see Sheela aunty, our cook preparing tea for the households.

"Aunty you can call it a day now. Go home and take rest. I'm going to make dinner today." I told her as I came into the kitchen.

"Oh, I understand dear. All the best. Make some excellent delicacies and impress your husband." She told teasingly and left the kitchen.

Even she thinks I'm cooking to impress him. Now I'm no longer interested to cook but I have to because I sent Sheela aunty home.