Revenge

Ankita's POV:
Yesterday Raghav informed me that we were visiting his grandma's house today. Raghav's Dad and his grandma didn't have a good relationship and moreover she didn't even attend our wedding. She lives alone in the countryside with a helper by her side. I got all these information from Mom, when I asked her about grandma earlier.

She also told me that Raghav is the only one who is close to her and can tolerate her weird character. He likes her, for how she haven't changed her character just to keep people beside her. I'm a bit anxious as I feel, I will have to put extra efforts to impress her.

"I'm ready." I told Raghav. I made sure I wore a neat and elegant saree, tied my hair in a plait and wore flats. Just in case if she doesn't like modern girls. My common sense says so as she grew up and stays in a village.

He looked at me up and down, but I don't care. I haven't dressed up to impress him. He picked the car keys and we left after telling Mom. Raghav drove the car instead of the driver. So I sat on the front.

Today I realized one thing. Raghav has a very bad taste of songs. His playlist doesn't suit a man of his age. I would have thought I married an Old MacDonald, hearing these songs with closed eyes.

"Raghav I can't wait to meet your grandma. Please can you drive a bit faster?" I told him, hoping to end the journey as soon as possible. I don't like this travel as it was so boring.

"If you don't want to die please keep quiet. This is my first time driving in two years I believe."

"What???"

"Why should I when I pay salary for my driver?"

"He could have drove it today too. Why take unnecessary risk,Raghav?"

"Don't worry. Trust me, I am not a bad in driving. I didn't have any idea how long it would take at Grandma's house. How can I ask the driver to come along?"

I put all my trust upon the Lord above and he didn't let me down. We reached her house two hours before lunch time. Her house was small yet beautiful situated in front of a mountain.

She was sitting on a chair and sewing when we entered. I immediately went and took her blessings.

"God bless you."

I stood up and she looked at me up and down. She then turned towards Raghav.

"Is this your wife, beta?" She asked him.

He nodded.

"Didn't you get a better one?"

I was shocked. Am I that bad? She didn't even ask for my name. She questioned as if I was some product Raghav bought in a market.

"Why? What's wrong with her?" Raghav asked her.

"Look at her. She looks as if she haven't seen food for years. Moreover look how she looks like a villager from my area even when she was born and brought up in a city."

Embarrassment! Total embarrassment. She is breaking my self esteem. Grandmother p thinks I'm skinny whereas her grandson is telling I'm fat.

Raghav didn't utter a word. I feel like I bring shame to him.

"I thought you would like me this way." I had to support myself.

"Can you cook?" She questioned me ignoring what I told.

This couldn't get any worse. Can it? What do I tell her now? I can't lie about such things.

"No." I say, my words feeble. My head hung low in embarrassment.