Fault in our Stars.

Ankita's POV:

                          "Ankitaaaaa." Mom yelled from downstairs. I kept aside the clothes I was folding and went down.

I saw Krithi standing there along with mom. What is she doing here? She didn't text me that she was coming.

"Hey what a surprise!"I greeted her with a hug.

"I missed you Anki. I hope you don't mind that I didn't call."

"You're also like my daughter, dear. You can come here anytime you want." Mom told her.

Yeah she doesn't know yet that Krithi might soon become her daughter in law.

"You both go upstairs and talk. I'll send some evening snacks for you." Mom told and went towards the kitchen.

We both went upstairs and sat on the couch in the living room.

Krithi's eyes were roaming here and there.

"What are you searching for?" I asked her even though I could guess it.

"I assume you know what it is."

"Oh you sly girl. So you came here to see Rishi and not me?"

She smiled shyly.

"You didn't inform him that you were coming?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I wanted to give a surprise."

"Oh. But unfortunately both the brothers have gone out. Rishi is joining in Dad's office tomorrow. So they both have gone to get some work done.I think they will be back anytime soon."

Her face fell instantly. My God!This girl is so in love. I have a feeling that the krithi I know and the Krithi before me is an entirely different person. I have never seen Krithi feeling shy before.

"Is it that good to be in love?" I asked as I was seriously curious.

"Why? Don't you know? You have your love by your side, so you wouldn't understand me, who hardly gets a chance to meet my love."

Krithi doesn't know that we haven't started loving each other yet. I don't plan to let her know because I don't like the idea of announcing I'm a married Single to everyone. And definitely not to a Krithi who is in love. I'm not proud of it suddenly.

Mom sent some snacks through Sheela aunty. We heard Raghav's car pull up in front of the house and Krithi's face lit up. I can't lie because I was happy too. At least I'm not alone in front of a couple. We both waited casually without showing too much excitement.

We heard footsteps climbing the stairs. With each step the sound became clear and I could feel my adrenaline rush. I'm ashamed of myself for having such a reaction. He comes home daily but never have I ever felt so nervous and happy at the same time before.

Rishi showed up first and he was surprised to see Krithi sitting on the couch. His eyes and mouth went a little wide and he closed his mouth with his palm. She stood up and Rishi came rushing to hug her. They both dangled hugging each other. It was cute.

'How nice it would be to get hugged like that.' I thought.

My mind is spoiling me, very much. I looked at Raghav expectantly but he was looking at them. I hit on my head to stop my improper thoughts.

We all sat on the couch. Rishi sat beside Krithi and we both sat opposite to them.

"What made you plan to give a surprise to me, Krithi?" Rishi asked her.