Not ready?

Ankita's POV:

                          Where do I sleep today? I stared at Raghav's bed and then at mine.

Raghav came out of the washroom drying his hair with a towel. How is he able to wash his hair before going to bed? I know we will get a good sleep but somehow I don't like it.

"Ankita why don't you sleep on the bed from now? The floor is getting colder day by day." Hearing his words my face lit up.

Thank God he brought it up.

"Okay then." I tried as possible as I could to suppress the excitement.

I climbed on to the other side of the bed and laid down. A little while later he joined me.

There was literally a mile gap between us. It was like we were a valley with a river flowing in between us.

Five minutes later I noticed Raghav was already asleep. I tried sleeping but I've to say my mind was too loud to sleep. After twisting and turning in the bed for nine hundred times I sat up frustrated.

Is this guy even a man? How is he able to sleep when I'm this close to him?

I understood it is useless to try sleeping when I was too much aware about myself. At the same time I didn't want to sacrifice my sleep.

I got out of the bed and walked towards my regular space. I laid my mattress there, as usual and I drifted off to sleep within half an hour from then.

Next day morning I woke up to realize Raghav had already woken. I saw the time and it was late.

I hurried towards the bathroom, brushed, bathed and came out within twelve minutes. Raghav was combing his hair in front of the dressing table.

"Good morning." I tried to initiate a conversation.

"Morning." Was all he responded.

What? Now that I proposed to him, is he belittling me?

I shook my head and went to the kitchen to get his breakfast. Raghav came down, silently ate the breakfast and went to work.

I realized he was in a hurry so I didn't take his behaviour to heart. I noticed Priya Ma cooking something. She rarely cooks but when she does, she makes sure everybody falls in love with her food. At times when she cook, Sheela aunty does some other household chores.

I decided to help her in some way I could.

"You are cooking today?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes dear. Would you like some chicken briyani?"

"Oh I would love to have some. Tell me if you want any help,Mom."

"Can you please slice those onions?" She asked pointing behind where it was placed.

"Sure Mom."

My mind drifted to yesterday's happenings while slicing it. It automatically put a smile on my face.

"Seems like something good has happened. Now tell me the details." Mom asked noticing me.

"Nothing." I replied blushing.

"You're hiding things from me? I thought we were close." Her face fell while speaking. Is she acting or is it real?

"I told Raghav that I love him and he told me the same." I told her smiling shyly.

"Okay then?"

"That's all."

"That's all? Only I love you? And that too, is it the first time you both telling that?"