Missed Me?

Rishi's POV:

                       I opened my Instagram and what I saw there, made my heart pound faster.

A notification showed Krithi had posted a story. After the party I gave a request again shamelessly, and she accepted it right away. She never posted anything since then. What made my heart beat raise was, there was a green circle around her story.

Krithi had added me in her close friends list. I felt deeply honoured.

'Close friends' I muttered it inside my mind. It gave me jitters.

I nervously touched her story and it was a post with some quotes.

It said, 'Some people come into our lives out of nowhere and make it a bit more colourful.'

I read it once, twice and thrice. I somehow had a feeling she was referring to me. I'm someone who came into her life recently. I'm not sure if I made her life a bit more colourful, but there is a chance I could have.

Why didn't she think this could mislead me? Or else, am I the one thinking too much?

Uhm! I don't think so. I have a strong feeling she posted it for me to see.

Just then I received a notification that Krithi has sent me a message.

Woah!! Now, I'm sure this girl is head over heals for me.

I feel shy and I laugh hiding my face with my palm.

Krithi : Hey Rishi! Wassup?

Rishi: Nothing much.

I didn't say much just to act tough. Let me see what she will come up with, to continue the conversation.

Krithi: Ok. How you doing?

Rishi: Good! You?

Krithi: Fine.

I get she doesn't have anything important to tell. So she texted me, because she missed me and wanted to talk to me.

I was super excited that I stuffed my face into the pillow and hit the bed beside my face with my hands. The grin on my face was unerasable.

I decided to take the initiative, like a man would do and was about to type 'Did you miss me?'

But backspaced seeing her message.

Krithi: If you don't mind, can you do me a favour?

Shit! I was on the verge of embarrassing myself. Thank God I didn't press the send button.

Rishi: Yeah! What is it?

Krithi: It is Ankita's birthday tomorrow. I want to surprise her. I have everything ready but I want your help to decorate your house.

I could hear sad BGMs rolling in the corner of my mind. She texted me because she wanted to surprise Bhabhi. The unerasable grin was no longer unerasable. Gone it was a moment ago.

But still, I didn't lose hope because of her story earlier and how she contacted me instead of Raghav.

Rishi : That's great. You don't worry. I'll see to it.

Krithi: Thank you so much Rishi. I bought all the decorative items. If you could send Ankita out tomorrow morning, I'll come to your house and do the decorations.