{60}

I woke up in Tiffany's arms. I gave her a confused look.

"You fell asleep" she said.

"How long was I out?"

"About an hour"

"Why didn't you put me to bed or anything?"

"I like the sight of you sleeping"

"I'm really sorry"

"Kayla, it's fine. I'm fine. I just want to make sure that you know that here for you. Always"

"I know you are and I'm sorry I didn't realize it. I mean, I knew you were there for me, I just didn't know you were hurting so much"

"It's just that I'm hurt when you're hurt and I want to help you, but you won't let me in"

"I'm sorry"

"Stop apologizing. I don't want to hear that. Do you wanna talk about what happened in the hospital?"

"I can't-" I started to say, them I realized that it'll only hurt her more if I don't. She deserved to know.

"Just don't think I'm crazy, okay?"

"I'll never think of you as crazy"

"Grandma talked to us"

"What?"

"When you all left the room, I started talking to her. I told her how sad I was and how much I'm gonna miss her. All of a sudden she opened her eyes. She spoke to me. When Demi came in, I told her what happened. First she didn't believe me. Then grandma opened her eyes again and talked to Demi. Then she really died. She spoke to us, Tiff, and we both couldn't believe it. I still can't, but it was too much for Demi. She never even knew her and then her dead body comes back to life. I scared her off so badly. I can't believe I let that happen. Now she hates me"

"Why is that your fault?"

"Cause I should've come out of the room before she came in. She couldn't handle a dead person talking to her, just like I couldn't. It was scary, Tiff. Very scary. But she was my grandma, so I knew her, I knew how to handle it better. Demi's never met her before. Her first image of her is a dead body and then she talks to her. It's scared her off and how she hates me for it"

"I'm sure you didn't scare her off. She just need time to process it. Don't worry about it. I have to go now, but call me when you need anything" she rambled as she kissed my forehead and left before I had the chance to say something.

Uh-oh this could not be good. I probably scared her off, too. What's wrong with me?

I lay down on my bed and tears were streaming down my face.

The last few days have just been too much for me. I can't take so much at one time. Why does everything have to happen at the same time?
First Lilly leaves, then Bentley ends up in the hospital, then grandma dies, then I push away Demi and I hurt Tiff.

Why all at once?

I can't handle it all. Before I even have time to recover from one thing, I already have to process the next thing.
I'm not used to this.

I lay in bed, thinking about how much more hectic my life has been in the last few weeks.
I wasn't ready for real life. I wanted to go back to being a kid and everything being all fun and good.
I'm not ready for this...

-----
Not proofread.
I've been really busy lately and I'll be very busy the next few weeks. I will still update cause the chapters are anyway already written, but I'm not sure if they're so good, so forgive me for the spelling mistakes and the shitty chapters. It'll be better again in a few weeks.

Next update: Friday

Message me if you need someone to talk to.
Stay strong,
I love you!