{63}

*Demi's POV*

Something was wrong, but she wouldn't tell me.
I had a feeling about what it could be, but I wasn't sure.
I already had this feeling for a long time, but she always seemed fine so I shrugged it off. She knew she could tell me and she didn't, so I though that maybe I was wrong.
I did think it was bothering her now, though.

"Are you mad at me?" I finally asked, as she tried to hold back her tears.

"No, why would I be?"

"Because I'm taking Kayla away from you"

"Why would you think that?"

"Cause she now comes to me with all her problems and not to you"

"How do you know she used to come to me?"

I must say, I was impressed. I knew it was true, but she didn't wanna make me feel bad, so she didn't admit it.

"Listen Tiff, I'm not stupid. I know Kayla came to you a lot and you used to spent a lot of time with her. And now it's not like that anymore, cause I came along. I know you miss her a lot and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take her away from you. Really, I didn't. Why didn't you just tell me to back off a little?"

"Hey, I'm not mad at you, okay? I don't want you to back off, cause you help her. She needs you. Yeah, I miss her, but you're better at doing the job then I am, so who am I to hold her back from getting what she needs?" she asked, sadness clear in her voice.

I have her a tight hug.

"I don't do a better job then you, Tiff. No one does. You helped her a lot in the past and you're still open to help her and I know you'll always be. She admires you, she loves you, you mean the world to her. She probably just didn't realize that you were hurting because of her and me and I'm sorry. I really didn't wanna hurt you. What can I do to make it better?"

"It's okay, really. Just with grandma dying and being pregnant, my emotions overreact. It's really fine"

"Tell me what I can do to make it better"

"Shut your mouth" she smiled.

"What?" I asked confused.

"That's what you can do to make it better, just shut that mouth of yours"

"Oh, okay?" I was very confused.
I thought she said she wasn't mad. Now she wanted me to shut up?
I didn't get it.

"Not in that way, doofus. I meant to stop talking now, cause you're talking bullshit. You do a better job and helping her and you shouldn't deny that. We all know it. And I know you didn't mean to take her away from me and I don't blame you for anything. I'm not mad at you. So now, stop talking and blaming yourself for everything and start seeing the amazing person you are"

We were both quiet for a few minutes, until she spoke again.

"I'm gonna go now, I have to get back to the family. You, go to sleep and rest up. I'll call you tomorrow to check on you, okay? I love you, don't forget that" she kissed my cheek and left.

I felt like a little child. She talked to me like I was so much younger then her, when I was actually only a few month younger. But I didn't mind. She was very sweet and I loved her, too.
I went to bed and fell asleep right away.

-----
Next update: Thursday

Message me if you need someone to talk to.
Stay strong,
I love you!