11

Catori

"Really?"

"Yes, really" I chuckle at my cute little son, Kaizer "was I that small?" He asks as he was sat on the Kitchen counter. He loved sitting in High places like it's his throne, similar to Tutankhamun "so when our cousin arrives, will they be a boy or girl?" He asks with all excitement and i chuckled licking the sauce of the spaghetti I was making

"I don't know. It depends on when your aunt and uncle get here, my little Lord" I say mixing it.

Later, Ankhesenamun and Kenai came back "hey, my friend" I hug her "how did the ultrasound go?" I ask Ankhesenamun "it was scary but so exciting at the same time" she giggles "have you found out the gender of the baby?" I ask "um, yes" she smiled "no, no, guys don't play with food! Kenai, don't encourage him!" I scold at Kenai and Kaizer who were tossing strawberries in each other's mouth.

"Where is brother?" Ankhesenamun asks "upstairs, napping with the girls" I say "I'll go get him" I went upstairs.

Getting in our room, I found Tutankhamun laying on his back on the bed, his hair scattered everywhere with the girls sleeping on his chest ever so peacefully, it was so adorable. I took out my phone and started taking pics of them. I'm never missing this.

I quietly went over planting kisses on Tutankhamun's forehead “my love?” I whisper

“What is it? What's the matter?” he asks startled and I slightly chuckle “it's time for dinner” I stated “right now? How long have I been asleep?” he asks “A year, sleeping beauty” I stated and he chuckles, waking up the girls as they registered around them.

“has aunty and uncle arrived?” asked Jamilah “yes, my love” I smiled

We went downstairs and had dinner, talking about normal normal things “so we went to the ultrasound and found out....” Kenai looked over Ankhesenamun “we're having twins, a boy and a girl” she finished and we smiled “awe!! Can we name them?” asked Kaizer and we all laughed “Kaizer, Aunt and uncle had already chosen names already” Layla says making Ankhesenamun giggle in delight.

After dinner, Ankhesenamun and Kenai went to sleep while the kids watched TV and Tutankhamun helped me with the dishes, piling them in the drawers “Tutankhamun?”

“yes my love?”

“When you were little, what did your heart want to complete?” I ask and he chuckles “i don't feel I get your question, Catori”

“like, what did you always want to do that you couldn't when you were young?” I ask and he thinks “I have done everything I've wanted as I was prince back then,” he starts off wiping the dishes putting them in the cupboard “but my heart always yearned to be a writer, a poet in other words” he smiled to himself

“A poet?” I ask chuckling a bit scrubbing the dishes

“Yes. I was always inspired in poetry, I always planned to write a poem for the right person who took my eye, my heart,” he smirks at me making me blush thus resulting to him chuckling “but my father thought otherwise ‘a prince must always focus on grooming himself for being a leader; a Pharaoh one day’ he always told me and eventually I had to stop” he says, his bright smile now turned upside down.

I felt sympathy for him as he sighs sadly then looks over at me “And you? What did you want to do when you come of age other than marry a Pharaoh of Egypt?” he teased making me roll my eyes as I chuckled

“When I was young before I was adopted; I lived in an orphanage and they treated us badly. I found out there were dozens of orphanages around the world and it broke my heart to know children out there long for a loving family but sometimes getting rejected. Before I was adopted, I was rejected five times in a row, five houses I moved to and was sent back to the orphanage, five broken hearts in a row and then when I was finally adopted, I lived with them,” I say mentioning my parents as i was finishing off

“At first they loved me, took me in and then when I got older, they just ignored me; their concerns were only about their jobs and them, they forgot me,” I lightly shrugged as we were now leaned on the island, drinking water “since then I wanted to return back to the orphanage or even possibly find my siblings. After that experience, the only thing I wanted to do was to one day adopt a kid, give them a home, a family, love and care... something my parents failed to do raising me” I finished off then the room fell in silence

“let's do it” he announced starling me a bit “what?” I ask “let. Us. Do. It.” he repeats

“adopt?” I ask and immediately regretted it as I know feel stupid. He took my hands in his “yes. Us ancient Egyptians considered children to be sacred; a blessing from the Gods above. To know how children go through hurt is just a sin” he says softly “you really want to?”

“It would be a right thing. To make you happy makes my heart fill complete and happy and that's all I want us to be; Happy and in peace” he smiled

“Since you are far ahead of my time then you will lead us to this 'abdoptien'” he says and I giggled “Adoption, my love” I correct and he smiles “as you say” he says with a slight bow of his head, my eyes just staring at him “I sometimes often wonder how lucky I am to have you in my life” I say thinking back to the time we meat

“i think I am the one to be lucky, the Gods took their time in finding the perfect one for my heart” he says and I giggled “you really are a poet”

“It's in my blood, I guess” he shrugs taking a sip of his water “other than that, I've always wanted to be a painter, musician and fashionista”

“wow, that's a lot of things” he chuckles and i laugh “but then, why don't you follow your grand do those thing, my love?” “I need to find a job, painting isn't going to get me anywhere; I can dream, dream as big as I can but I can never fulfill it that's for sure” I shrugged. He took my hands in his “then we will do it together. I don't want you far away from me, studying in LA, let's find jobs here in Canada” he says.

I found a college in LA but still haven't sign up, we were still discussing how far it is. With a sigh “what about Egypt?” I ask “it doesn't matter, we'll can find them anywhere as long as we're together, that's what matters to me most” he says and I think “I'll think about it, my love” I smile and he returns it “thank you”

“we should go to sleep” I say as he nodded agreeing. When we arrived at the living room after turning the lights off the kitchen, seeing the children fast asleep as we chuckled. Tutankhamun carried Jamilah and Layla while I took Kaizer in my arms getting them to their bedroom; tucking them in “mommy can we have another brother?” Kaizer spoke in his sleep making us chuckle “of Course my little lord” I kissed his cheek, doing the same with Layla and Jamilah then we turned off the lights of their room “don't turn off my night light” startled Jamilah says to Tutankhamun as he turns it off “okay, my apologies, Little lady” he kissed her goodnight then we to our bedroom.

“I love, Catori” Tutankhamun says as we were snuggled in close, feeling each other's warmth of our bodies, “I love you, Tutankhamun” then we slept as he placed a kiss on my forehead.