16

Tutankhamun

“Catori, my love,” I start, caressing her cheek gently “eat something” I plead with pleading eyes. She hadn't eaten a thing, not even drank some water at least; “please?” I ask “why should I?” her voice barely above a whisper,

“because when the children are found, their mother needs to look beautiful as always so they don't worry about you” I say

“i can't Tutankhamun. I can't when I don't even know if my children are safe and well fed” she sighs looking down to her hands “i failed them” she chokes out a sob “my love, look at me,” I whisper, our eyes locked with one another. Her eyes filled with pure fear and concern as I raise her chin to meet my eyes “this is not your fault. It never was” I whisper “The children will come home. The police will find them, please eat”

Catori's gaze fell on me as she stared at me blankly “I'll feed you if I have to” I stated. I took the ham sandwich on the tray on the Nightstand; she hesitates before taking a bite and a few seconds she giggles “what?” I chuckle “You made this?” she asks and i nodded “I know you love toasted ham sandwich” I state

“Aponi told you” she states. “yes. Yes she did” I say and giggles “thank you”

“I'll always be here, my love. You don't have to— ” I was cut of by the telephone on the Nightstand ringing “excuse me, carry on” I give her the tray amd I wipe my hands taking the phone “Yes?”

“Mr Dawson, right?” I hear a man over the phone “yes, that's me” I say “We found your kids, they were located in an abandoned building; we caught the criminals” spoke the police “they're at the police station right now” I let out a breathe of relief “Thank you, we'll be right there” I say then hung up “Who was that?” Catori asks sipping her juice “finish up and I'll grab your coat” I peck her forehead getting up “Tutankhamun?” buy I ignored her going downstairs to inform the rest of everyone and Catori last because I want her to get a bit of energy to drive to the police station.

“The children are found” I informed Catori; and she looks at me “don't joke with me” she says putting on her brown boot “i'm serious” I say with a straight face and immediately her face lit up “oh, my goodness. Let's go” she hurried zipping her boots on both sides and wore her red coat then I wore my blue coat going downstairs “we won't be long!” I shout to everyone else “okay! Be safe!” Ankhesenamun shouts followed by Kenai and Aponi “Okay!”

We went out the cabin, over to the drive through getting in our car and driving off.

The whole drive was spent in slice and we reached the police station. I rubbed Catori's back to calm a bit down and she smiles nodding then we went out the car, coming in the building. We saw the police that was doing our case “this way” he calls over and we followed him and saw our kids sitting on a bench when they looked at us; they quickly took off, racing in our arms as we kneel t their heights “I'm so so sorry” Catori cries hugging Layla and Kaizer while I had Jamilah in my arms “daddy, I was so scared” she cries “i'm here now, Shh, hush” I kiss her forehead

“Are you alright? Are you hurt?” I look for any scratch but found non when we both breathe in relief “Don't leave us alone again, Ummi” Layla cries, “I won't, my orchid, I won't” Catori wipes her tears kissing her forehead and Layla did the same to her mother and we were all filled in a group hug.

“we have the criminals locked up if you'd like to view them if they were the ones,” the policeman says and we got up to our feet “I don't think we do” I shook my head at that “there is a girl saying she knows you, miss” he says to Catori and I look over at her.

Catori

I was shocked to see who was behind the bars “Riley...” I breath out

“hello princess” she snarls at me “why would you do this to me?” I ask refusing to believe my own friend would even do such a thing to me. “Don't you get it, Cadie?,” she starts “you were never meant to meet and fall in love with Tutankhamun, your son was never meant to even exist; you weren't supposed to bring them in our time, he was meant to die” she says through the bars whispering

“You know nothing, Riley”

“I know everything. Because of him; you changed and was just..... I was just starting to fall in love with you...” she says “what?” it came out as a whistle “one of the traits of being a tomboy, stupid and that fucking boy changed you!”

“I didn't know what I was doing back then. I was trying to find myself” I defend “blah blah blah, go on with the bold speech, I don't care...I did it because I love you, can't you see that?” she asks and now I don't see my High School best friend anymore “no, Riley, I don't. If you were talking about what love is without having to have a hand in kidnapping my children then I would've understood what kind of love you were talking about but now, all I see is madness” I say to her as her face turns red “this is not you Cadie! You know he was meant to die!!” she shouts

“shut the fuck up!” I warn her “you know he was meant to die! You know it deep down and you know you love me!!!!” she shouts “Crazy slut” I turn to walk away as she kept repeating “You cannot save him from his fate!!”

We drove back home, which was the cabin. “We live here now?” asked Kaizer “not exactly, it's rented” I answer “oh” they all say in sync “no one will hurt you no more as long as we're here with you and the rest of our family, okay?” they nodded and hugged us. We had a reunion with the rest of the family and it was back to normal.

I'll ignore what Riley said. I saved Tutankhamun, that was my destiny to do so and I won't let that knock me down as long as we have the kids back.

The kids slept in our room ever so peacefully in the middle of the bed.

Tutankhamun

Watching Catori lightly singing her Native tongue lullaby for the kids while caressing their hair.

“I've never heard you sing this beautiful” I praised her “don't flatter me” she chuckles and i saw that beautiful smile crept on her lips

“I love you Catori” I smile “I love you too, Tutankhamun” she returns it genuinely then we leaned in to kiss, carefully not wake the kids “my head” Layla complains and we chuckle “sorry orchid” Catori apologies as we chuckled and soon fell asleep.