15

Tutankhamun

I slowly opened my eyes, taking in the morning breeze searching the bed but I didn't find Catori. That was a first. She never wakes up early than I do. I rubbed the sleepiness away and woke up, going to the bathroom and doing my daily routine then fixed the bed going downstairs.

Hoping I'd find her in the kitchen but instead, her elder sister, Aponi who was making coffee “good morning” I greet “good morning,” she greets back “would you like some coffee?” she asks “yes please” I smile and she went to make “have you seen Catori?” I ask “no, doesn't she wake up late like always?” she asks as she handed me the coffee “thank you” I thank “not today”

“Then she might be out. Maybe taking a morning drive to get some alone time” Aponi says and i nod “if you say so, my lady” I say and she chuckles.
I really hope she is right.

Catori

I parked the car then got out, walking in the drive through. Taking in a breathe then releasing it, I knocked. For some time, a girl opens; she looks like 25 but elder than me, she has brown hair with green eyes “can i help you?”

“Yeah— um...” she cuts me off “wait, you're Catori, right?” she asks “y-yeah, that's me” I say and she opens the door, signalling I can come in and I stroll in “can I get you something to drink?” she asks, she look like she was shivering but not from the cold “uh, no, thanks, I'm good” I smile and she led me to a living room, it wasn't that big as ours.

“You must already know me,” June started "yeah, I do” I nod “how is she? My daughter?” she hesitantly asks “she.....is doing fine, my sister is caring for her very well” i reassured “I'm really sorry” she looked down in shame “it's just.....I....I have no one and he ....he hits me day and night...he hurts me, I know he swapped the babies but please don't call the police on him....I know he did wrong but just please don't...I love him” she says to me shivering and crying

“it's okay, I won't. We can swap them back and—” she cuts me “no! No! If he finds that out, he's going to kill me!” she says startling me a bit. “He wanted to swap the babies because he knew our daughter wasn't healthy enough for the money to set her up for adoption; so he took a healthy baby to set her up for adoption. I was against it, I cry everyday just so I can hold my biological daughter close to me but he would never let that happen” she says “then why are you staying in an abusive relationship?” I ask not even above a whisper

“Do not fell me how to live my life” she hissed “I'm sorry, I didn't mean to” she quickly says

“i— it's okay. May I see my niece?” I ask and she hesitates “o— okay. This way” she leads me over to a separate room which I believe it's a nursery and it only had a crib, coos where heard as we neared the crib and I saw a beautiful baby girl and from the first look, she looked like Kenai mixed with Ankhesenamun; she had to be Aiyanna, I just know it. I didn't even need permission as I picked her up in my arms; she looks so much like Tutmose.

“hi” I greet softly as she coos grabbing my hair in her chubby little fists “mommy has been worried sick about you, little one” I smile down at her and from the corner of my eye, I could see June smile. My eyes landed on her “there has to be something we can do” I say “What difference would it make? Even if you give me back my daughter and I run away, he'll always hunt me down till he finds me” her lips quivered.

“Back at highschool, he was the bad boy and my parents were well known in business. We got together, we are head over heals for each other yet people warned me nonstop and I didn't listen. I fought my parents just to be with him until they cut ties with me, my friends and everyone I knew just so I can be with him. We graduated college and got married, it was all good at first then he gave me insults and how I was a bad wife when I tried my best then when he lost his job he became furious; he dated other girls and when I spoke up, he beat me,” June says as we were back in the living room; Aiyanna was in my arms. She was crying but now she was peacefully asleep.