Episode 2, Part 1: The Diamond

Sunny's POV

Sunny was going to talk to her mother. She raised her hand to knock on the doors to the throne room when she heard yelling. "This diamond is very valuable. You must find it." Someone yelled.

 "We are trying. We haven't let anyone leave the palace since we found out that it was stolen." Sunny heard Thorn reply in a slightly annoyed tone. Sunny heard talon steps coming towards the door and scrambled back as it opened. A very angry Sandwing stormed out, another one following him.

Sunny waited a minute and then walked in. "Who was that?" Sunny asked. "That was Viper, a very rich dragon. He's mad because his family owned a very valuable diamond that was stolen." Thorn said sighing.

"Really?" Sunny said interested, "I'm going to go find Deathbringer." She flew to the office. We need to come up with a better name than the office for it, she thought as she landed and walked in. Maybe we could call it something like The Super Crime Fighters headquarters.

Deathbringer's POV

Deathbinger heard Sunny coming and shoved the crossbow that he had been mounting on the wall between the couch cushions. "GUESS WHAT? WE ARE GONNA LOOK FOR A DIAMOND!" Sunny yelled as she bounced in. "OUR FIRST THEFT!"

"Whose diamond was stolen?" Deathbringer asked walking to his desk. "A Sandwing named Viper was the guy who owned it." Sunny said.

"Really?" Deathbringer asked, "It was well guarded. The thief must be a good one." "Then lets start looking." Sunny said. Deathbringer watched as she walked out and came back in with photos, string, and a few papers.

"Viper's brother, Scorch, hasn't been seen since last night so lets try to find him as we look around." Deathbringer said as Sunny enthusiastically tacked up photos to a board and connected them with string. 

"No ones been allowed to leave so he's probably hiding in the palace." Sunny said as she and Deathbringer flew to the palace.

"I'm going to check the vault where it was kept can you try to find out if someone was guarding it and if so who?" Deathbringer asked as they walked through the palace. "Sure." Sunny said before turning down a different hall.

Deatbringer found the vault and walked in. I wonder why it was open. Maybe whoever was here last thought it would be stupid to lock a vault with nothing in it, which is good for me because I don't have a key. Deathbringer had checked the door and the front wall when he heard Sunny coming.

"How did you get in?" She asked. Deathbringer noticed that her right wing was hiding something  but he dismissed it and said, "It was open when I get here. What did you find?"

"There were four guards, all Sandwings that had been working for Viper for a long time. Bone, Dingo, Venom, and Lion." Sunny said, "Hey can you stand right here I want to try something." Sunny was standing at the back of the room behind the vault.

"What?" Deathbringer asked as he walked to where Sunny had been as she walked to the entrance. "This." Sunny said stepping out of the room and closing the door. It locked with several clicks. Five locks, he thought counting the clicks.

"Try to get out." Sunny said, "And please do because I don't know where the key is." Deathbringer heard an odd sound in Sunny's voice and knew that she was lying and that the key was probably the thing that was hidden under her wing.

Sunny's POV

After almost an hour Sunny heard a click. "I got one of the locks!" Deathbringer yelled through the door. About thirty minutes later there were two more clicks. "Uh, Sunny I got another one but the first one locked again. I don't think there is a quick way if there even is a way out of this room."

"Well then the diamond thief either has some kinda super power or was in and out of the room before it was locked." Sunny said as she opened the door. "It's getting late, maybe we should talk to the guards and then call it a day?" Sunny asked as Deathbringer walked out of the room.

"I'll go to the office and write what we've found out down, not that we've found much and then I'll find Bone. If you could find the other three guards and than meet me back at the office we can question them and then be done for the day." Deathbringer suggusted.

"Great. I think Lion, Dingo, and Venom are training and Bone is getting his weapons sharpened." Sunny said taking off. She found Lion and Dingo training. "Hey!" She yelled. They stopped and walked over to her. "Where's Venom?" She asked.

 "Venom's getting his tail bandaged, he tore the scratch on it open again." Loin said. After Venom had his tail bandaged they flew to the office.

Deathbringers POV

(This starts when they split up and Sunny went to find Lion, Dingo, and Venom.)

Deathbringer flew to the office. Time to mount that cross bow, he thought as he reached in between the couch cushions. He pulled it out but found out that a string had snapped. Well at least Bone's in a convenient place

Deatbringer flew to the armory and talked to a Sandwing before handing them his cross bow. "I'll have it fixed in a few minutes." They said before turning away. Deathbringer scanned the crowd and saw Bone. This place is oddly busy.

"I would like to talk to you about the theft of Viper's diamond." Deathbringer said walking up to him. "Can I get me weapon first?" Bone growled. Deathbringer nodded and said, "My partner and I would like to speak with you and the other guards together in our office so after we get our weapons if you could follow me there that would be great." Deathbringer said letting Bone know that he also had a weapon.

They got their weapons and flew back to the office. On the way there Bone had said, "Your Deathbringer the Nightwing watching Sunny to make sure no one hurts her while she does this detective thing right?" Deathbringer glared at Bone.

Deathbringer mounted the cross bow and set out some PINEAPPLE rings. Sunny and the other three guards walked in. They asked each guard multiple questions. After maybe ten minutes each guard had eaten a few slices of the PINEAPPLE. When Sunny reached for one Deathbringer used his tail to stop her. About ten minutes later all the guards were acting like drunk loons. 

"What did you put on those PINEAPPLE rings?" Sunny asked him as he took a sword from Dingo that he had taken from the wall. "Something I found in the rainforest. In around 15 to 20 minutes it will wear off and they will not remember any of this." Deathbringer reassured her seeing her worried expression.

"But why?" Sunny asked. "Watch." Deathbringer said, "Hey Bone who's your girlfriend?" "I got six, three of whom are also dating my brother." He yelled in a slurred way. "Well while that is concerning to say the least it proves my point. Their minds are to foggy and they are to relaxed to lie." Deathbringer said.

Sunny's POV

"I'm going to go ask Lion and Dingo questions can you ask Bone and venom?" Sunny asked Deathbringer frowning as Venom tripped over Lion's tail and fell over. "I'd really rather not ask Bone anything but sure." he said. They are going to kill each other with their tail barbs, Sunny thought as she walked over to Lion.

"So Lion do you know why Scorch may have wanted the steal the diamond?" Sunny asked. "Scorch stole the diamond?! Let's get him!" Lion said with a ridiculous grin on his face. "No! WHY would Scorch want to steal it?" Sunny asked grabbing Lion's wing and pulling him away from the door.

"I don't know, out of that family I would say that Fennec was more likely to take it than Scorch." Lion said. "Yeah, rumor is that Fennec was furious when Viper got it instead of her. She thought that as the oldest she would get it instead of it going to the youngest." Dingo said.

After what ever Deathbringer had put on the PINEAPPLE wore off they sent the guards away. "Did you hear what they said about Fennec?" Sunny asked as they flew to the palace. "Yes, we'll look into it tomorrow. It's late." Deathbringer said walking away.

Sunny walked into her room and flopped in her bed. She thought about new names for the office as she drifted to sleep.

A/N: I got exactly one thousand five hundred words! Sorry this took so long but I know what I want for part two so it will be coming soon. Don't worry about there not being a by the way murder, someone's dead body is going to be found soon. Will update this week!