Episode 5, Part 1: The Jungle Hook

A/N: I've given up on an update schedule.

Deathbringer's POV

A lot had happened. It was only four days later from when they left Raven's Edge but they were already on the edge of the rain forest.

It had started shortly after Sunny's talk with Gale. She had been walking up to him when he saw them.

Stabby and Pale.

Stabby was sitting on Pale's shoulder and started waving at him- no, at Sunny. Pale looked the way his scavenger was pointing and waved when he saw Deathbringer. 

"We need to go now!" Deathbringer said trying to take off. Sunny grabbed his tail and pulled him back down. Pale and Stabby were getting closer.

"Why?" She asked.

"I'm not Murder-Basket." He explained taking off and dragging Sunny up with him by his tail.

Sunny let go of his tail but kept following him. She might have asked, "What does that have to do with anything?" but he wasn't sure. Hmm...

After they (DID NOT) pass the palace where Sunny stopped the quickly explain what had happened before chasing him all the way to the edge of the rain forest where he had found another small town in which Sunny did not find him two days later.

It was now the day after Sunny - Did not - find him and they were investigating the disappearance of  a Mudwing named Caiman. So, if you are confused, NONE of the above happened and Deathbringer did not threaten I, the writer, to write out him running scared from a scavenger.

"Eight days ago?"

"Yes." A Mudwing confirmed.

Sunny thanked them and walked back over to Deathbringer who had been getting quickly fed up with several Rainwings.

"What did you find?" Deathbringer asked her quickly shooing away the Rainwing he had been talking to.

"It's been eight days. But Deathbringer, we may have a bigger problem."

"What?"

"Are you even allowed in the rain forest?" Sunny asked after a moment.

"Pretty sure. Glory didn't put a time on how long I was kicked out of the rain forest." Deathbringer reasoned, "Besides this is a case."

"Good," Sunny said nodding, "Lets recap what we know."

"Caiman is the second eldest sibling, Mire being the oldest with Luto, Sandbar, and Heron being younger. Eight days ago she left to buy supplies from a Mudwing market. It's a day long flight so she was expected to be gone for four days and she planned to stay with her friend Murk." Deathbringer summed up what he had been able to get from the Rainwings he'd talked to.

"Right. After five days they started looking. Luto flew to the Mud kingdom and found that Caiman at least made it there and left it there while the rest asked around here." Sunny filled him in on the rest.

"One of the Rainwings mentioned that a Mudwing named Pottery rushed after her."

"Then we'll start by talking to Pottery."

********

Pottery worked the afternoon shift at the Jungle hook, the restaurant Caiman and her siblings owned. Sunny and Deathbringer had managed to find her a little after her shift had started.

"I had just noticed we were almost out of reeds. When I was making the list of supplies I asked Ocelot to check if we had enough and he said yes but it seems like he lied." Pottery explained, growling when she mentioned Ocelot.