SCP 076 Spoils of War

Request: Yandere! Scp 076 x Reader
Requested by: whymeinlife

Slight note: Idk if Sumerians had invented crucifixes yet so sorry if this is inaccurate
____________________________________

In an ancient Sumerian society, about thousand or more years after the murder of Able, in a small, quiet little village, there was Y/N. She was the second oldest of 4 other siblings and was essentially the golden girl of those times. She was a dutiful young woman to her parents, humble, kind, always helping out with the crops, sending wishful prayers to all she meets, she was beloved in her little village.

Everyday, Y/N would go out into the wide open fields with a bucket for water in hand, she would always go to a specific part of the plains, where it was said that was the home of Cain and Able. There, she would come across a pond of fresh spring water that she would carry with her bucket. But before she left, she'd always make it a point to say a prayer next to a giant stone cube that wasn't far from the pond. She would pray for the brothers salvation, for God's forgiveness of Cain, for Able's accession to heaven. She didn't hold any hatred in her heart, only a stab of sympathy for a tragedy caused by a spur of jealousy.

Afterwards, she would go home and do her chores, before coming back to the same place in the late afternoon. It was mostly just to be by herself for a while, to knit and sing by the cube stone in peace without the interruption of anyone else. Sometimes she would even bring her herd of lamb to the area to graze and to let them wonder a bit while she watched and relaxed on a nearby hillside.

What she didn't know that from inside the cube, someone could hear her. Able found himself enjoying listening to the voice of the woman singing, of her humming a quiet melody. Even in a deep sleep like death, it was only her voice that could break through the silence. He didn't know why, but instead of feeling enraged and coming out of her rest to kill her like he would've done anyone else, he felt.. Relaxed. Her voice was always so soothing, so quiet and calming. He simply couldn't find it in himself to feel his normal unquenchable bloodthirst and wrath.

Well, at least until the woman would start saying her prayers. Especially when he heard his brother's name in there. Why worship a god who allowed him to die?! Bitter thoughts would always fill his thoughts, that was until, she would stop speaking all together and leave. It became something he would expect and begrudgingly look forward to. Her voice was almost like a drug, he couldn't get enough of it.

So one can imagine his rage when she stopped coming all together. He was furious, what could possibly be forcing her to stop coming to him? It would be this that finally made Able come from his sleep and break from his stone prison, hungry for blood. He knew where Y/N lived, he had overheard people from her village talking to Y/N when she was watching her herd, it was only a matter of finding her and demanding answers from her. How dare she enchant him so and then leave? He had become invested in her in a very dangerous way, and Y/N didn't even know exactly how much she was in danger.

Y/N walked home with her herd of lamb from a nearby field. As she saw her village coming up in the distance, she felt something off. Like something in her gut was telling her something was amiss. Ignoring the feeling, as she was tired from the blazing sun above her, she just wanted to go home and rest. As she came closer and closer, however, it became clear that something was definitely wrong. Blood covered the houses of the village and the stone pathway. Bodies littered the street.

Horror filled Y/N's body as she dropped her herding staff. She screamed out as she recognized one of the mutilated bodies to be one of her siblings. Oh god, her family! Without thinking she dashed towards her house, her hard feet splattering with the warm blood of the fallen. When she finally made it to her house, she crumbled down to her knees in despair. There it was, the rest of her family, her brothers and sister, her parents, her betrothed, all dead in the front of her with the murderer standing with his back turned to her.