C h a p t e r 11. Flirting and First Dates 😘🌹

*Play the song at the second half of the chapter 😁*

The rest of the week flies by and it's finally the day of Ellis' track meet. I'm excited to watch him and it helps that Sam and Ellis are going on a date later. I'm not sure if it's an official date but I'm their #1 shipper so I'm gonna count it even if they don't.

Ellis' track team's colours are red and black so we're all wearing that to show our allegiance. I'm wearing black jeans and an old red dry-fit T-shirt. No need to get too fancy considering it's a track meet.

My mom calls up to me saying that Sam's here to pick me up. I grab my phone and my small backpack and head downstairs.

My mom's talking to Sam at the door and I grab my shoes to put on. My mom turns to me and says " Text me when you get there and when Clarke's mom picks you up"

" I'll be fine mom don't worry" I give her a hug and she hugs me back.

" I'll see you afterwards. We're gonna watch Transformers once you get back"

" Okay I'll see you later then"

" Bye girls, be safe!" My mom calls as we walk out the door.

I turn back to wave to her and get in the car with Sam. Sam's in shotgun, Sam's dad is driving us, and when I climb into the back I see that Clarke's already there.

I smile at her and put my seatbelt on.

" Do you guys know what race Ellis is running?" I ask.

" I think he's either running the 400 or the 200. I can't remember which one is today." Sam says.

" I hope the race is tight. That would be a fun finish to watch!" Clarke says.

" Well we obviously want him to win first of all" I say.

" Of course we do" She agrees.

We keep chatting, Sam's dad chiming in with the occasional joke, until we get to the venue. Sam's dad drops us off at the front and gives Sam money for her entrance fee.

We walk waiting in line to pay our fee when Ellis comes up to us.

" Hey girls! Thanks for coming out!"

We say hi back and chat for a bit before one of his teammates comes up to us.

" Ellis we need to go do our sets now if we want to have time to comfortably check-in" he turns to us " Sorry to drag him away".

He looks at us and I notice his eyes linger on Clarke briefly.

"Let me introduce you first. Ladies, this is Nolan, my teammate. Nolan, this is Ashlyn, Clarke, and Sam"

We all say various greetings. " We really do need to go now. I'll see you guys after the race?" Ellis says.

" For sure! You'll probably hear us from the stands first!" Clarke says.

Nolan is only looking at Clarke. I swear the boy is smitten already.

" I'll see you later then," Ellis says looking at Sam. She gives him a kiss on the cheek and whispers something into his ear.

I swear my eyes almost pop out of my head. Sam is showing off some bold energy. I never thought this day would come. I'm so proud of her.

" Nice to meet you girls," Nolan says, as they walk into the track area, presumably to do their sets.

I turn to Sam incredulously but Clarke beats me to interrogating her first.

" What did you say to him!" Clarke asks.