03-dreams come true

The weeks Brooke spent on the team after first joining were rather peaceful, if peaceful could be used when there was a looming threat of a war that got closer every day. Still, the silver ranger found herself getting along with all of the rangers. It was the first time in almost a year she was around so many people all of the time since she had graduated early, she made sure she made her presence in Panorama somewhat discreet. The last thing she wanted to be someone from her school finding out what she was doing now and the fact that she said she was starting college early was a lie. It was foreign, yes, extremely so, but she wasn't complaining.

Jayden was the one she was closest to, and Brooke concluded that was because they were friends once before, because the others noticed the two were opposites, in certain ways. While the stoic red ranger led his team with either somewhat of a scowl or an emotionless expression, the silver ranger contributed to debriefings by chiming in with witty retorts. Not that she didn't take it seriously, Jayden quickly found out she was well versed in strategic planning and battle tactics.

When asked about it, Brooke just shrugged it off, however, saying that it was due to the fact she fought alone before joining the team.

"Still, these tactics are almost like the ones I've learned," Jayden pressed, and Brooke just shrugged and ran a hand through her hair, seemingly nonchalant. "Are you sure you didn't have proper training before?" He questioned.

Brooke's eyes flashed as she chewed on her bottom lip, glancing back down at the archive in her lap. She and Jayden sometimes just sat in the rooms where most of the archives were kept and talked, but the red ranger seemed extra serious today. "I really don't know, Red. If I did, I have no recollection of it," Brooke confessed, grinning and revealing her sharper canines. "I guess it's like riding a bike. Muscle memory, just with battle strategies." She joked, turning her attention back to the archive, tapping her pencil on her notebook, where she was writing down notes from the archives. Brooke didn't really have any rhyme or reason to what she was writing down, it was mostly about nighlok or something she found interesting.

Luckily, most of the archives were written in English, and when she wasn't training, Brooke was combing through the books trying to find out anything about the silver rangers. However, most of the archives didn't seem to hold information that she could find useful.

As a comfortable silence fell over the pair, Jayden found himself inspecting his childhood friend out of the corner of his eye. She had changed a lot since they were younger, the werewolf almost holding a mysterious air around herself and her past, and mixed with her teasing nature, Mike had quickly labeled her the "cryptid of the samurai rangers". Still, Jayden found something charming about her that he couldn't quite place.

--

The next morning, Brooke was sparring with Jayden, which included the two rangers comparing their fighting styles. The silver ranger had a speedy fighting style, moving around quickly, while the red relied on powerful stances and strong moves. Jayden had come to enjoy sparring with Brooke, it was a change of pace, trying to learn how to fight against someone so different from him.

It was a normal routine that Brooke found herself enjoying. The structure was a little overbearing at times, yes, but she found it strangely satisfying at the same time.

"Hey Emily," Kevin called to the younger girl as Brooke landed a strike against Jayden that caused the training sword to fly out of his hand. Catching it with her left hand, the silver ranger shot the red a victorious grin. "If you ever have any worries, you can come to me, okay?"