20-let's end this

Grey eyes snapped open and flashed gold as Brooke surveyed her surroundings. She was far too tired to move, so she just used her sense of smell. From what she could gather, she was in the med bay. Which was somewhat concerning, because Brooke remembered wanting to kill Deker- Deker.

"Maxx," Brooke spoke aloud, her voice holding immense fear and worry. She ignored her exhaustion and swung her legs over the side of the bed, boots hitting the wooden floor with no noise. Her head pounded, and she let out a groan of pain and general annoyance as she clutched her head.

The memories came rushing back, Deker threatening to pick Maxx as an opponent instead of Brooke. That thought alone caused Brooke to launch in a slight panic, and she tried to ignore her now racing heart. She would fight Deker- and even if the team disagreed with it, so be it. She wasn't going to lose another family member, let alone her fifteen-year-old brother, to more samurai bullshit. Brooke felt like she's made enough sacrifices as it is. Speaking of, the radio static going through her head made her come to the conclusion that she wolfed out- which wasn't good at all. But, she wasn't bloody, and nothing hurt, it was just overall exhaustion, not pain. So, that was good, but she had to make sure Jayden and Antonio were okay.

Brooke stood, using the wall as a crutch to help regain her balance. She noticed her injured finger was now wrapped, and she smelt the faint smell of peaches that was fading from the room. Mia. So that was good, the others were safe, and hopefully unharmed. That fact alone caused some of the panic that Brooke felt to disperse, and the want to skewer Deker lessened. But, it was still there, and she subconsciously let out a growl at the thoughts of the half-human. God, she hated him. Still, he was going to be dealt with soon. And that was more than enough.

Meanwhile, Jayden inspected his reflection in his bathroom mirror. He looked exhausted, no wonder Mia told him that she would handle Brooke, as bags were starting to appear underneath his eyes. He knew it was due to the fact he wasn't sleeping well- and while Jayden knew he could go ask for sleeping meds from Ji, he was almost scared to do so. Because it would lead to a lecture about his physical and mental health, and he's had enough of those for a lifetime. He knew he was headed down a path of self-destruction, which always happened when things got too chaotic, and it was worrying. He was worried for himself, and Jayden stepped away from the mirror, letting out a heavy sigh.

The tension headache made it feel like his skull was getting split open, but Jayden tried to ignore it to the best of his abilities. Instead, he fished his pocket, pulling out the two promise rings. He also felt something different in his pocket, and when he pulled out the rings, he also pulled out a small polaroid picture. Raising his eyebrows, Jayden flipped over the polaroid and felt his eyes widen somewhat. It was him and Brooke- well, the dream world him and Brooke, as shown by Brooke's longer hair and normal-sized canines.

They looked happy. It was almost like something out of one of the cheesy couple pictures if Jayden wasn't asleep. They were both lying on a bed- and by the dark grey sheets and a black comforter that had white silhouettes of wolves on it, it was Brooke's. She was lying next to Jayden, and he had his face buried into the crook of her neck, a hand in his hair, and a sleepy smile on her face. Jayden recognized the flannel she was wearing- it was his red and black one, and it was somewhat worrying that his first thought was that it looked good on her. Under the picture was written "I love you so much" with a messily drawn heart and a smiley face. It was domestic, and it made Jayden long for a moment that wasn't real. He doubted it even could be real, and let out a heavy sigh as he walked out of his bathroom.