04-light 'em up

The next morning, Brooke found herself teaching Emily some of the moves she used in battle. The yellow ranger seemed interested, and the silver enjoyed mentoring someone- and with Emily, it made Brooke feel like a big sister to the younger girl. Emily was a nice change from Maxx, who was, for lack of a better term, an asshole, as Brooke liked to put it. However, Brooke knew that part of it was due to their upbringing- as it wasn't a pleasant way to grow up. It was Maxx coping to the best of his abilities, and his sister knew that. She had spiraled much more than he had after the two siblings ran away.

Brooke snapped out of her thoughts, grabbing Emily's elbow before she could fall. "Don't go eating the ground now, sunshine." The silver ranger teased with a grin, and the yellow wore a cheerful smile at the nickname.

"It's harder than you make it look," Emily remarked, looking at the taller girl, who wore a ghost of a smile on her lips. Emily noticed that her grey eyes held a certain sadness that she couldn't place, but Brooke's eyes flashed gold for a moment- then returning to their usual grey, and it was gone.

"I've been dancing for years now, it's pretty much just- oh?" Brooke cut herself off, raising her brow as she heard Mike walk into the dojo before she could see him. She had quickly come to recognize each of the ranger's footfalls- it helped her figure out who was who before she could see them, or smell them- as each ranger gave off a distinct scent. For example, Jayden smelt like smoke and the forest, and Emily smelt like flowers. "Thought you were sleeping in." The silver ranger teased with a cheeky grin.

The green ranger grinned as he walked into the room with a skateboard under his arm and a helmet on his head. All of the ranger's had started getting used to Brooke's habits- the girl parking up at sounds they couldn't hear, or smelling things they couldn't. "Well, duh, that's not anything new," Mike fired back as he unclipped his helmet, and Brooke rolled her eyes as they flashed. "But what's new is that Ji gave us the day off." He spoke, his voice hushed as if he said it too loud it wouldn't be true.

"We've just started training, though," Kevin argued, his brows knit and uncertainty etched on his face, but Mike just let out a dramatic sigh accompanied with an eye roll.

"C'mon, you're telling me," Mike started, amusement sparkling in his eyes as he took off his helmet. "That you're going to disobey a direct order from our samurai mentor? Doesn't seem to be a very Kevin thing to do." The green ranger teased, and the blue rolled his eyes- but was won over.

"Well, I guess not." Kevin agreed with a small smile, and the team, sans Brooke and Jayden, started discussing what to do.

Jayden because he wasn't with the team, and Brooke because she was sorting through her thoughts- which was something she tried to do when she could. Truthfully, Jayden had seemed off, and Brooke found it somewhat concerning. He seemed to be lost in "red ranger land", as the silver ranger liked to put it, but she noticed that he was distant at breakfast- not responding to her teasings like he usually did. Jayden just had this disgruntled look on his face, well, it seemed like nine times out of ten he looked disgruntled, but still. He was closed off, more so than usual, and Brooke didn't know what had caused it. It was worrying, and she-

Mike snapping his fingers in front of Brooke's face snapped her out of her thoughts, her jumping some at the sudden noise. "Hello? Earth to silver?" The green ranger teased, and the silver swatted his hand away, her eyes flashing.

"That's me," Brooke replied, raising a brow. "What's up?" She asked, tapping the toe of her sneaker on the floor. She had completely forgotten that she was actually in the middle of a conversation with the others and smiled sheepishly.

"We've decided to go to Rainbow's End. I've never been, and I've been wanting to go." Emily summarized the conversation, and the three other rangers nodded in agreement.