28-concerts and jewelry stores

As Jayden held Brooke in his arms, he realized that this was becoming a habit. Her crying and him comforting her, but he wasn't complaining. He felt the need to- especially now, since his praise was now causing her to cry on his shoulder. Which he felt bad about, and he almost felt sympathetic. It was the fact that she received so little praise, and probably thought negatively about herself, and that made his heart hurt. It didn't sit right with him, and he meant every word he said to her. However, if Jayden told Brooke that, he had a feeling that it would make her cry more. So he didn't, and just let her cry. He didn't even know how long it had been, but he had a feeling Ji would just materialize at the ten-minute mark and give him a disappointed look.

As if on cue, Jayden heard footsteps crunching across the gravel. Mentally preparing himself for the disappointed look of the day, he looked up and was pleasantly surprised to see Antonio walking towards him and Brooke. Who had stopped crying, but she was still shaking, and her hold on Jayden didn't loosen. She knew she should probably let him go because she was still covered in dirt and sweat, but she didn't want to. She also felt bad for the fact that his overcoat was now damp because of her tears- but he also brought it on himself. So she didn't feel too bad, but she silently thanked Jayden for not just walking away.

"What did you do now, Jayden?" Antonio playfully wondered, and Brooke sniffled, letting out a watery laugh.

She let go of Jayden, stepping back and turning to face Antonio. Who saw her tear-stained cheeks, the tear tracks cutting through the dirt, and quirked a brow at his other childhood friend. "Everything. Red's just horrible- I hate him." Brooke joked, snickering as the ranger in question rolled his eyes.

"I did nothing." Jayden defended himself, raising his hands slightly. He met Antonio's quizzical look with his own raised eyebrow one, the gold ranger sighing and turning his attention to the silver.

"What did he do to you? You have permission to hit him." Antonio offered, grinning when Jayden glared at him.

"While that's tempting, not feeling up to it right now," Brooke laughed, wiping away some stray tears and sniffling. "He told me he was proud of me- which this jackass knows makes me cry." Her voice cracked as she pointed an accusatory finger at Jayden for emphasis, who had raised his eyebrows at the "jackass" comment. However he heard her voice crack and waver, so he grabbed her hand with his own, giving it a comforting squeeze.

"It makes you cry?" Antonio echoed, his playful expression turning into one of sympathy and slight concern. When Brooke nodded, he let out a low whistle. "Are you okay? Fully?" He asked, and Brooke's eyes flashed.

"I don't know, I'll get back to you on that. But," Brooke drew in a shaky breath, tightening her grip on Jayden's hand, turning her attention to him. "Thanks for staying. Even if you made me cry." She thanked, and Jayden wore a fond smile as he brushed some of her hair out of her face.

"It's the least I can do," Jayden replied, the three starting to walk in the direction of the Shiba House. "Antonio, did Ji send you out here?" He questioned, and Antonio shot him a quizzical look but nodded.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Antonio wondered, knitting his brows, and that caused Jayden to wonder if he should even tell him. He'd know the gold ranger wouldn't let him live it down.

However, Brooke didn't seem to mind throwing Jayden under a metaphorical bus, not that she knew that she was. "Ji's getting real, uh, helicopter parent. He thinks that we're getting too close to each other. It would be funny if I wasn't a part of it." She explained, and Antonio snickered, shooting Jayden a teasing look.

"You two are horrible. I don't know how I put up with both of you for so long." Jayden complained in faux annoyance, Brooke looking almost offended.