Chapter 5

So with your comfortable attire, you quietly crawled into your bed, facing the window, and sleep soon welcomed you into its dreamland where you stayed until 4:30 am exactly.

—————-

(Still Your POV)

You woke up at 4:30 am on the dot, as you always did. It was a habit, waking up before the sun did. But even if the sun wasn't awake, you sure were. You carefully and silently crawled out of your bed, and made it up perfectly. After that, you got dressed in workout attire, which consisted of a sports bra, and high waisted, breathable workout leggings. You didn't have a gym bag yet, so you just stopped by the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge on the way to the tower's gym. As suspected, the tower was completely silent, other than the low hum that the tower made.

As soon as you got into the gym, you went to go stretch. After than, you did simple body exercises. You did pushups, lunges, crunches, planks, and burpees. After about 40 of each, it was about five o'clock. After your body workouts, you weren't even breaking a sweat. You looked around for a second, looking around at all of the equipment that the tower's gym had to offer. You stopped once you spotted a pull-up bar. You raised an eyebrow at it and then proceeded to take a running start at it. You then jumped and grabbed onto the bar tightly, swinging yourself up and holding that position for a few seconds. You then turned around on the bar, so that you could see the entrance as you started to do chin-ups. You did several of those, before someone entered the gym. Correction, two people entered the gym. Captain Rogers and Sergeant Barnes came I to the gym, oblivious to you off to the side, still continuing your chin-ups.

For a moment you thought that they may not even know you were in the room with them, until Barnes looked your way. He took a double take at you, and then quickly averted his gaze as he went over to the weight rack. The captain acknowledged your presence with a stern nod and a tight-lipped smile. You just let your resting bitchface and spun around on the bar so that your knees were hooked on the metal bar. You then folded your hands behind your head, and began doing sit-ups on the bar. Every time you cane up, you could see Barnes looking at you nervously, then averting his eyes once he knew that you could see him.

**********

After your workout was finished, you grabbed your water bottle and gulped down half of it. By now it was almost six o'clock and a few other teammates had joined in on the morning workout. While you were sitting on the bench,observing the people in the gym, you were approached by Captain Rogers. He sat down not eh other end of the bench, and you could tell that he was trying to think of something to say, so you sped the process along.

"Is there something I can help you with Captain Rogers." Your voice came out as emotionless and almost harsh.

He then straightened his posture, and looked anywhere but your cold gaze. He shook his head quickly and then scampered off, somewhere else in the room. You scoffed and went to the sparring mats.

A few people glanced your way, but none of them kept eye contact very long, scared almost. You then saw Captain Rogers punching one of the many punching bags over to the side of the room. You then raised your voice enough to get his attention, and everyone went silent.

"Captain Rogers." His head immediately whipped over to the mats.

You gestured to the mats below you, and then gave him a questioning gaze. He seemed to understand and timidly made his way to the sparring mats.

All eyes were on you two as you two stood a few feet away form each other. A few people got wind of what was about to happen as some gathered to watch. You gave the captain a fierce look and sprinted at him, full force. That seemed to stun him, and you took this as your chance to sweep your leg and knock him to the ground. He grabbed your ankle quickly and pulled you down with him. But lucky for you, you and the advantage of sitting on top of his stomach, your back to his face. You pinned his arms to his sides with your knees and twisted his leg in such a way that if he moved, even slightly, his knee cap would snap and he would be deemed immobile. After a few seconds of him trying to wiggle his arms free, he tapped out. Captain America tapped out against a female. Everyone around was silent as you released your hold on his leg and stood up gracefully. You didn't offer to help him get up, but when he got to his knees, he tried to grab for your ankle, but you quickly got your leg out of his reach and kicked him square in between the shoulder blades. He fell face first, and you held your foot firm against his back, pinning him to the mat.

You looked around carefully at the faces around you and spoke with a calm tone. "Anyone else?"

Everyone shook their heads vigorously and some even crept away. Except for one defiant female,
Natalia Romanova.