Chapter 7

"So, what's your name? If you don't mind me asking of course."

_________

(Your POV)

     That question stopped you in your tracks, literally. You didn't exactly know how to answer that question. Any other normal person would have simply answered with their name. But you, however, weren't ready to disclose that private information just yet.

"I'd prefer if we remained on a last name basis, Barnes. It is more professional that way." And with that, you kept wiping down the countertop.

You didn't look over at Barnes, but you could tell that he seemed a little hurt and defeated. He was about to open his mouth, to apologize you assume, but before he could get the words out, the timer for the oven went off. You went over to the oven, butting on your mittens again and opening and grabbing the pan out of the oven, shutting it with your foot once it was successfully removed from the hot surface.

It wasn't long before the team poured into the room, all attracted to the delicious smell coming from within it. You quickly made a salad bowl as Bucky started to set the table silently. As the food was moved from one place to another, everyone took their seats. You sat in between Romanova and Odinson, with Rogers and Stark at the heads of the table and other team members in the seats.

The dinner went on with some light chatter, but mostly nervous tension. You enjoyed having power over others and all, but these people were earths mightiest hero's for heavens sake! You can't exactly get higher than that, well, you can, but you just wanted to be equal to them.

"I'm not going to hurt any of you so if we could clear the tension out of the air, that'd be absolutely lovely." You stayed while you cut into your enchilada and stabbed it with your fork gently.

Everyone in the room seemed to relax a little, but no one in the room was more relaxed than Thor Odinson. He had just gotten back from Asgard earlier that afternoon, and he was exited to meet the new team member, aka, you. He was oblivious to your past and he treated you like a regular teammate. Part of you appreciated this. He kept trying to include you into some of the teams debates, and you tried! You listened intently, giving your two cents when needed. And the table would go quiet when you spoke.

After dinner, you and Odinson cleaned up. But he insisted that you call him Thor. No matter how many times you stated that it was unprofessional, this man was persistent. So you finally obliged to his request and referred to him as Thor. As you were still on a last name basis with everyone else in the tower. Even though the god was pure muscle and was built like a tank, he was quite gentle when it came to cleaning and, surprisingly enough, didn't break any dishes while drying them. You thanked him for helping you clean up, and he went on his merry way.

You made your way back to your room for the night, and just sat on your bed. Your mind kept making you relive the scenario that happened while making dinner earlier with Barnes. He was kind to you, well, kind enough to help you with making dinner. So instead of leaving him empty handed, you searched your brain with ideas. You didn't want to give it to him directly, no, that would be too easy for him. So instead, you crept out of your room, and made your way to the kitchen. You rummaged through all of the drawers quietly, until you found what you were looking for, a junk drawer.

     Just as you suspected, most kitchens have a junk drawer, where all of the things go that may be useful in the future. For example, sticky notes, pens, random screws, tape etc. And lucky for you, you only needed the first two items. You grabbed the bright pink sticky notes and the blue pen and made your way stealthily back to your room. But just your luck, on the way there, you ran into Thor.

"Lady L/n! How wonderful it is to see you!" He boomed with his loud voice that seemed to shake your bones.

"Shhh! Thor nobody can know I'm out here this late." You whispered to him, and he caught on and started to whisper too.

"But lady L/n, why do you have those items? Some great break through idea come to you during the night?" He whispered to you jokingly, but he was in fact correct in a way.

     Your resolve cracked and you told Thor your plans. He was so clueless, you couldn't not tell him. But you made him swear to secrecy. Your plan was to write a letter of your name on different sticky notes, and hide them around Bucky's room, leaving like a sort of puzzle for him. You were quite proud of your plan, until thor announced a fault in it.

"What if he doesn't know the order in which they go?" You nodded your head to him. For someone who remains clueless most of the time, he was actually very intelligent.

"I don't want to make this easy for him. I want to make this sort of like a challenge." The both of you nodded in agreement and you made your way back to the kitchen.

     You were about to put the first letter of your name down, when you realized something. Thor would have to know your first name in order for him to help you. You thought about it for a moment, and then threw caution to the wind and started writing the letters of your name on the notes. Once all of them were in place, your first name was spelled out just the way it was supposed to be.

"So your name's 'y/n'?" Thor was still whispering.

     You nodded and looked down at the sticky notes that were lined up on the counter.

"I like that name. Can I call you that?"

"No Thor, that would defeat the whole purpose of the puzzle for Bucky." You pinched the bridge of your nose. How could someone so smart be so dumb?

"Oh, yeah right. Forgot about that....When he figures the puzzle out then can I call you y/n?"

     You let out a breathy laugh at his persistence and nodded. If you were going to be a part of this team, then you had to put in an effort.

꧁꧂

If anyone is confused, I did an example and I used my name. (Pretend that the pieces of paper are sticky notes)

It's like this, where each letter of your name is on a separate sticky note

It's like this, where each letter of your name is on a separate sticky note. The letters will be hidden around in different places in Bucky's room. Except Bucky will have no idea which order they go in, and he will have to try and arrange them to figure out your name.