Chapter 13

"The.... T-the janitor!" She was panting as she tried to get her word out. She gave up and just looked defeated. "You all have got to see this."

————

(Your POV)

     You all speed walked after the woman. You all packed into the elevator, with little room to spare as you all were nervous to see what the girl had to show you all.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, the woman ran out, and speed walked to the lab. She then sat down at a computer and started typing as you all watched her. Without looking up from the computer, she started to relay information to you all.

"So I traced the comm that Agent L/n smashed, and it traces back to a HYDRA facility up in Canada, just north of here." She then leaned back as a map popped up on her screen.

Everyone's face drained of color at the mention of HYDRA. A million thoughts raced through your mind as you looked over the map. How did they get to close and none of SHIELD notice it? How did that man get in here unnoticed? Why was he here? Your thoughts were still running when Wanda smacked your arm.

"Ow- what was that for?" You rubbed your arm even though it didn't really hurt you.

"I can hit you harder you know. And your thoughts are yelling in my ear woman!"

You chuckled at her and shrugged. Then Tony started to speak.

"Everyone get to bed, we've got a mission bright and early tomorrow."

Everyone groaned in annoyance, except for you. You were quite exited for your first mission as a member of the Avengers.

Everyone made their way to their respective floors, and it all that was left was you, Steve, and Bucky on the elevator, since you three shared a floor. You all tiredly made your way to your rooms, saying goodnight to each other as you all shut your doors.

Sleep evaded you quite quickly tonight, and you were glad at that, you'd need it for tomorrow's mission.

*(Time Skip)*

Everyone was gathered around the small table in the Quinjet, discussing tactics. Instead of doing that beforehand, the team wanted to get to the base as soon as possible.

The rundown was to make your way inside, insert a virus into the main computer which would shut down all of the equipment in the base, and transfer all of the information to the SHIELD headquarters, and to take down anyone in your way. Everyone was paired up, Steve and Natasha, and you and Bucky. Sam and Tony were going to keep an eye out from above, while Clint watched from his vantage point. Thor and Wanda were to guard the door, making sure that you, Steve, Bucky, and Natasha had an easy exit. Nat was to get the virus into the system, while steve covered her, and you and Bucky's job was to destroy all of the paper files.

Everyone was prepared and ready when the jet landed. All of the people that were going to be in the air went first, and then Clint. The two other pairs set on getting into the base.

Through the comm, you heard Tony speaking, but not loud enough for you to hear so you turned it up.

"What was that Stark? I didn't get that."