Chapter 12

You two sat in silence for a moment, and then Steve went to switch his beer to his left hand and it slipped out of his grasps. His eyes widened as bottle fell from the balcony and shattered on the ground below.

________

(Bucky's POV)

He was at the bar when he heard something shatter on the dance floor. His head snapped to the sound and then heard hysterical laughter from the balcony. Up on the balcony was agent L/n and Steve. They were laughing so hard that it looked like they were having trouble breathing.

A pang of jealousy hit me as I called down a janitor to clean up the mess. I started to wipe down the bar to try to clear my mind from the jealousy.

(Your POV)

Once you and Steve had caught your breath, he parted ways to go meet up with someone from the team. And then you were like you were before, watching the crowd. But this time, you were watching the janitor clean up the broken bottle and spliced beer. You looked at him more closely, and then saw that he had an ear piece in, and his mouth was moving. You squinted at him and looked him over. That's when you spotted it, a gun in the waistband of his pants.

You quickly left your spot on the balcony, and made your way down the stairs nonchalantly. You approached the janitor, which was fairly easy, since everyone had cleared out of the way of the mess, luckily no one was hurt. You came up behind the man, and smashed your glass on the side of his head. He then snarled at you and went to reach for his gun. Before he could even put his hand on it, you had his arms twisted painfully around his back, him whimpering in pain at your steel like grip.

If the bottle didn't bring attention, this surely did. Everyone gave you wild looks as you held the man. You stood there for a moment, and then Stark made his way to the front of the crow to see what was going on.

"What the hell is going on here?!?"

He looked furious. You then removed a hand from the man, pulled the gun from his waste band, put the safety on, and slid it on the floor towards the man. You also ripped the comm from the man's ear and crushed it with your hand in front of the man's face.

Everyone looked at you in awe for a few minuets, until awe struck Stark finally spoke.

"Alright, party's over! Everyone out!"

With that, everyone cleared out quickly, except for the team and a couple of close agents that were asked to stay. You were still holding the man when Stark called someone over to get him.

"Put him up somewhere, trace what you can of what's left of the comm."

Then agents game around you and picked up the pieces of the comm, and grabbed the gun off of the floor.

"Mr Stark, in my defense, I did what was the safest route for everyone here. There was no telling what he was going to do if I- "

You were then cut off by him, with his hand raised out in front of him.

"You did good L/n, you did good."

*(Time Skip)*

All of the team members were circled around a coffee table when you and Stark returned to the group. You looked over the heads and saw the bright pink sticky notes scattered out in front of them. You smirked and joined Natasha, Thor, Wanda, and Maria Hill ok they large couch. You all had drinks by then and sipped them quietly as you all snickered occasionally at the men's distracted grunts.

You basically grew up with Agent Hill, so she knew your name, and she knew what was going on. Everyone else on the couch knew your name as well, so you all sat there smugly.

The boys had been at the puzzle for a couple hours, when you got tired of sitting. You went to the table and leaned over Barnes' shoulder.

"Whatcha up to?"

You only got a few grunts from the men, until you gently took the sticky notes from Barnes' hands, and arranged the letters to your name properly. But something wasn't right.

You furrowed your brow as you looked over the letters. You were missing one.

"This isn't right. There's a letter missing." You said to yourself as the men watched you go over to Thor, whisper something in his ear, and go back to the table.

Thor got up abruptly and left the floor. Everyone looked at him confused except for you, and Wanda, since she red your mind.

Thor came back shortly with the last sticky note. You were about to take it from him, when Barnes beat you to it.

"Where was it?" He said confused as he looked at the last letter.

You snatched the sticky note from him. "On the ceiling."

Everyone in the group facepalmed and watched you intently as you placed the last remaining letter in place. And once everyone looked at it, there were confused face, except for Barnes.

"Your name's Y/n?" He raised a brow at you as he smiled slightly.

You nodded and then looked around at the group.

"I guess I should apologize to all of you. I feel extremely guilty for treating some of you so terribly, and I would like you all to call me by my first name from now on, but only if I can call you all by yours as well." You looked around expectantly, and then you heard a 'hell yeah' from Clint.

You then smiled in bliss, you finally felt comfortable. You went to sit back down, but steve was in your spot. You were about to say something when he motioned behind you.

Bucky was sitting on a loveseat alone. You nodded at Steve and went to go sit by Bucky. He was surprised at first, but then hesitantly put his arm around your shoulder and smiled. You both smiled in bliss and watched the rest of the team bicker with one another.

All was peaceful, until a woman in a lab coat burst through the elevator doors, out of breath. Which made no sense because she took the elevator, but you dismissed the thought as she spoke.

"The.... T-the janitor!" She was panting as she tried to get her word out. She gave up and just looked defeated. "You all have got to see this."