Thunder and Lightning - Aomine x Reader

As you sat with your head resting on the palm of your hand you watched and listened to the lashing rain and the thunder following behind it like a lost puppy. "This sucks.. why did it have to be raining so hard on a school day?" You thought to yourself as you blocked out the teachers voice with your thoughts. You loved the rain, actually admire it. If it was raining you would just sit in your bedroom with your window open listening to the splashing sounds it made on the slippery looking footpath and the echoing of the thuds it made as it hit your roof. 

Sighing you tilted your head more to the direction of the window to lean your head on it and you felt yourself going into a daze when suddenly the teachers voice completly filled your thoughts, just like a sudden headache, "(Name)! Have you been listening to anything I have just said to you?!" You lazily lifted your gaze from the window to the teacher who was angrily glaring at you. "Hmm.. no?" You said as you raised an eyebrow. You teacher popped a vein and his voice roared all over the classroom, "Detention!" You replied with a sigh and met with lazy eyes as you shifted your eyes to Aomine's lazy stare. Since he gave no indication of saying or doing anything you furrowed your eyebrows at him to mentally say "What the heck are you staring at?" he just smirked and put his head down on the desk to sleep. You rolled your eyes and went back to watching the rain.

-TIME SKIP-

*DINGDONGDING*

"At last, school is finally over." You thought while stretching. You must have shown what you thought on your face because your best friend started laughing. "Haha! Glad schools over, hmm?" She said with a somewhat sarcastic grin.

"Yeah, thank god." 

"Ahh, but, you have detention though, right?" She smirked evilly.

"Ugh, for fucks sake." You threw your head to the side and gave a fed up glare. Your teacher must have noticed you because he came over and said, "Your detention starts tomorrow (name), I expect you there."

"Wha.. huh?! Hes never said that to me before!" Your friend glares at your teacher behind his back.

"Ha, well then, lucky me right." You gave her that evil smirk back that she gave to you.

"Gah, you little.." 

"Thats what you get for being an ass" You chuckled.

"Yeah well, imma head on, getting a lift home, you want one?" She asked from the classroom door.

"Nah it's fine, I'll walk" 

"Haha, I thought so. See ya~!" She shouted as she ran down the corridor.

You could hear the rain so clearly as you stood at the entrace to school. The wind was pretty strong as it blew your long (hair colour), wavy hair in the wind, in a messy rhythm. You put your umbrella up and proceeded to walk home. 

You could feel the splashes of rain drops on your legs with every step you took, it was cold and wet but somehow soothing. The wind suddenly took a turn and blew your light umbrella out of your hands. You watched as it blew away and landed into someone's garden. You let out a heavy sigh and ran all the way to the convenience  store, that was nearer to you than your house.

You stood under the shops shelter as you attempted to squeeze out the water from your hair that it has absorbed. "I feel like a wet dog.." you murmured to yourself as you dried your hands on your uniform. Someone came out of the store so out of curiosity your turned your gaze to the person and jolted a little as you seen who the figure was. "Aomine?! Ah great.. just the person. Ya gonna make fun of me?" You glared at him. "I'm tempted but nope, instead, I feel sorry for you." What he said pissed you off but hearing him of all people say that made you blush a little. "I only got one umbrella, it's either you walk with me or freeze and get a cold." He said as he put his sturdy umbrella up. You watched for a couple of seconds how the droplets bounced off it like a barrier then replied, "Yeah fine, I get sick easily so sooner the better." 

You were walking in silence and the rain was so peaceful to listen to. Aomine was glancing at you every now and then and finally he spoke what was on his mind. "I'm starting to think you like the rain."

"Yeah, guess so. Are you only figuring that out now?" 

"...not really."

"Hmmm..." You replied staring at him intently.

"Would you still like it if it made you feel like this?" He suddenly jumped into puddle and it splashes all over your skirt and legs. You hissed and shivered at how cold it was and tried to catch your breath.

"Aomine! I'm gonna kill you!!" You shouted as you grabbed his arms trying to twist them and it resulted in him losing grip of the umbrella and once again, you were soaked and so was he. 

"Hah! Freezing! Look what you made me do!" He raised his voice, obviously pissed off.

"It's your own bloody fault! Did you HAVE to splash me?! Feel the pain with me bitch!" You started laughing and made Aomine widen his eyes a bit. 

He smirked as he backed you up into a lampost.

"Heh, thats what I was aiming for."

"Hm? Aiming for? What are you talking about" You said in a confused tone.

"I wanted to make you laugh." He smiled sweetly.

"You- you wha- what? You said, most likely sure your face was as red a fully ripe strawberry.

"If you look, this is like something out of a film, huh.." he said still having that sweet smile on his face.

"Ye-yeah guess so huh.." You lifted your head to look into the street lamps light.

"Should I make it exactly like a film?" He said getting closer to your face.

"Eh? You don't me-" You were cut off as Aomines lips sat on yours perfectly as the rain was bouncing off both of your skin.

Woah, I haven't wrote anything in ages! I feel so refreshed! I have had no inspiration thanks to a cold that I got TWICE! Got a relapse of it and just about getting over it now. I had it over Christmas and couldn't taste or smell anything, was so pissed off 'cause this is the second year in a row. -_- But ANYWAY! I really based this of my personal love for rain, I LOVE IT. Recently we haven't had any heavy rain just showers and frost covering everywhere, I miss it. D: Hope everyone had a great Christmas! ;) Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed!