Chapter III

Meant to be?

[Author's note: I made a video with my favourite music and Jasper's pictures.Hope you check it out while reading 'that' part of the chapter.I believe it invokes the feeling of falling in love.Hope you like it]

Y/n's pov

I woke up from a very deep sleep forcefully.I was still sleepy but I didn't sleep by looking at the time, it was 9:40AM.I thought to myself that I never woke up this late and got up from my bed.I went to the bathroom to make myself ready for the day.I wore a blue hoodie and 3/4 pants.I was having a headache.
I went downstairs to find mom watching the television."Hey, why did you wake up late?"she asked looking at me worriedly."I think I got tired reading books all night.I also seem to have a headache....ugh"I said holding my forehead firmly."Where's dad?I asked ."He went to get some groceries, he'll be right back"she replied. I said"oh...ok"."Alright,honey I will make you some breakfast.Come, sit down"."Thank you,mum"I said with a voice barely enough to be heard.
"Honey, could you get me some lemons from the backyard? Please.."my mom called out."Ok ,mom"I stood up and went outside to get some lemons.
Suddenly, Jared,Seth and Quil came running.I asked,"Why are you guys in a hurry?".Jared asked, "Where's....your...dad?"he asked between heavy breathing."Mom said he went to get some groceries."I replied casually.Seth spoke up,"We need to find him quickly!!"."Why? What's wrong?"I questioned them.The three of them looked at each other."Tell me!, What's wrong?!"I almost yelled.Quil said, "Embry's missing since this morning....".I got worried,he was like a little brother to me."Oh my god, we have to find him,where did you last see him???"I asked panicking."Umm...we were just walking around the woods for the morning...and ummm....he just went missing along our boundary"Seth said trying to find the words."Let's go find him before it's too late!!"I quickly said.I went back in to tell my mom that Embry's missing and I needed to find him."You're not going alone,are you??"she asked scared."No, Seth ,Jared and Quil are with me, I'll be right back Mom,I promise"."Alright,just be safe okay..".I nodded my head and rushed to the door, removing my hoodie and pants, so that I could phase into a wolf without ruining my clothes.I only had my sports bra and shorts.Just as soon as I met them three outside, I phased into a wolf and so did they.We were running through the woods trying to get to the last place they saw him.I asked, "Where are the others?".They are looking for him in the woods.They thought they should call Sam because it was taking already too much time to find him"Jared answered.
"Alright,I think we should split up.We'll go in four directions.I go east ,Seth, you go north and Jared, go west and Quil, you go with Seth"I said.They all nodded their heads and trailed off to the paths I told them to.
I went East, and came across a fancy house along a muddy road.I started running when I picked up Embry's scent and something else that smelled like sage and cinnamon.It disgusted me and made my headache worse.
I noticed three vampires standing on a little higher ground and looking at Embry who was on lower ground.The vampires didn't seem to notice me.I marvelled for a moment at how they shined in the morning rays of sunlight peeking from the canopy of the forest.I quickly phased back into my human form and hid behind a tree.I was only in my sports bra and shorts and was going to ask them politely not to hurt Embry.I went and stood in a safe distance from them.

A big muscular guy and another guy who seemed a little thin was looking at me,confused,I knew they were staring at my body which was half-naked, I was feeling ashamed and embarassed so I kept my hands over my body covering myself as much as I can and when they were just going to ask me something... the third guy turned to face me..I locked my eyes with him and my world shifted..

I started to feel his past, his emotions,his thoughts, his pain and even saw a glimpse of his future

I started to feel his past, his emotions,his thoughts, his pain and even saw a glimpse of his future.I felt every thing he felt,was feeling and what he will feel.I felt different feelings spring up in me.....happiness, nervousness and many but one feeling that I felt deeply at the moment was Love.True love.It was at that moment I realised I was imprinting on him.Imprinting didn't feel like what Billy black had described.It was something more pure, deeper and intense.I felt myself falling in love with him and imprinting on him at the same time.I felt like he was looking into my soul through his golden eyes.It was one of the best feelings ever.
I came out of my trance and started speaking,"I'm sorry,but my friend Embry got lost and wandered off to your lands,it won't happen again"."No,no it's alright, no problem"the two guys who stood closer to each other said.I smiled and nodded.I felt eyes on me and I knew it was my imprint looking at me.I went closer to his side and looked down at the lower ground to see Embry all by himself."Don't ever go running off like that again please!!!"I yelled kind of annoyed and angry at him.I saw Jared,Seth,Quil and everyone else finding him."Come on y/n"they yelled.I shouted,"I'll be right back, you go on".The morning sun now illuminated the whole forest beautifully. My long (h/c) hair was flying in the wind , hitting my face lightly, I was going to face my imprint when I felt cold fingers on my face putting locks of my hair behind my ear.I smiled and blushed at his actions.I turned to face him and stood there for a minute staring into his eyes.

Paul's pov

I sensed that y/n was looking at the vampire like she was imprinting on him.I was disgusted and thought to myself,"How could she imprint on a leech?!?".I called the others and pointed y/n and the bloodsucker looking at each other,to them.They were angry and disappointed at the same time.Jacob said,"Let's not make an issue now, we will talk to her after she gets back ,we will wait for her there".I agreed and headed back.

Y/n's pov

"Alright then, I should probably get going,thank you for excusing my friend"I told all of them.They nodded their heads,smiling.I took one last glance of him and moved to turn back on my path to home.Just then, a cold hand pulled me slightly back, holding my wrist.I smiled and bit my lip at the sensation of feeling his skin on mine.I turned to face him."Will I see you again?"He asked almost softly and smiled.I replied,"Maybe...but only if you want to....".He left my hand and I headed back, turning back one last time,to take a look at him.I phased back and went back to my home, still feeling my eyes on him....

I phased back and went back to my home, still feeling my eyes on him