Chapter XII

The ties that bind

Y/n's pov

I told Jasper all I knew about the prophecy and soon he dropped me off at my home.It was a late afternoon and I was trying to pass my time.I went over to my desk to find a book to read.I couldn't find the book and so I decided to look further.I opened every drawer of my desk and I opened the last drawer and found a photo album.I knew what was in it.The sweet memories of me and my friends.We really were a tough pack.I try to stop myself from opening the book and looking through it because I know that I will breakdown, so hard that I will be sick for the next few days.But, I can't help it, every nerve in my body is telling me to look back at those beautiful memories of friendship.As I look at every picture,the events in the picture, takes place in my mind, making me remember of those times,when the pack would not stay away from each other.I see the different Polaroids that I practically stole from Nick's Polaroid camera.I chuckle even while tears were falling off my face.A picture draws my attention.I run my fingers through the picture trying to remember that beautiful night

*Flashback*
(Play the song now)
It was the night before Nick went to college.Jacob insisted on having a party to send him off.We were all happy about him."I have an idea! Why don't we take dad's jeep for a little late and loud music party"I practically squeal at everyone."Great, let's go!!"everyone said in sync, excitement in their eyes.Nick pulled me back and said in a low voice"Y/n!We could get in trouble!If your dad finds out about his jeep missing he-"I interrupt him,"Nick,Come on! It's just one more night of fun with you, You will leave us all tomorrow, Don't you wish to have some more fun with your pack?".I look at him waiting for an answer,"We're running late!"I say in a sing-song voice.Nick finally rolls his eyes and says "Alright...".I run grabbing his hand along with me.I sneak into my own house and take dad's jeep's keys and run out without my parents noticing.I see Paul in the driver's seat and throw the keys over to him,which he catches swiftly.I run along back to stand in the jeep along with my other friends.Quil sat beside Paul, while everyone else were standing back.We speed off,and in no time we were moving along the long roads of Forks beside huge trees and underneath beautiful starry night.Quil turned on the music box and my favourite song was playing, Someone to you by BANNERS.I was literally shouting the lyrics and jumping behind the truck, enjoying the last night with my best friend.Leah,Seth,Embry and everyone else were joining me to shout out the lyrics and dance with me.Even Nick was having fun after I convinced him to dance with us.It was a beautiful night of blasting energy that I enjoyed with my friends.After a long while of 'jeep partying',we returned to my home.I get down the truck to find my dad staring sternly at all of us , especially me."Ummmm, Sorry dad?"I say."Look ,dad.."I say as I approach him,"It was the last night for all of us with Nick,and we all wanted to throw him a little memory of us when he runs off to college tomorrow"I tell him, praying that he won't scold me.He broke into a smile and I smiled at him."Ok but, no stealing my jeep without asking me next time!"he said."Oh thank you,dad!"I say and hug him hard."Goodnight everyone"I say to all my friends and leave them to go to my room.It was the most memorable night for all of us.
*End of flashback*

I was already crying so much and didn't realise that it was evening already.I put the album back into the drawer not wanting to cry over happy memories of our friendship anymore.I went into my washroom and washed my face trying to forget that I was crying over my friends who  don't even care about me after I imprinted on him.I sat in my room for a while trying to make myself feel better but it didn't seem to work.I didn't even realise that it was already night when my mom called me for dinner.I lied that I already ate  because I didn't want her to know that none of my friends were talking with me and the thought of it was crushing me.I tried to wait for Jasper, hoping that he will make me happy once he's here.But , I suddenly got a text from him saying,"Sorry y/n but I can't visit you tonight,The whole family's going for hunting tonight,like a family reunion...I love you,"."Great"I thought to myself.I went and laid on my bed trying to fall asleep, but even after tossing and turning in my bed,I couldn't sleep.My eyes starting to sting, meaning that I was crying over my friends again.I had known them since childhood and I couldn't stand to be apart from them.I start breaking down so bad,that I clench my blanket in my hands, trying to stop hurting, but the pain of my friends not talking to me doesn't seem to stop.I just wish Jasper was here to comfort me.But deep down, I didn't wanna hurt him with my own pain.I was thinking about calling Nick, hoping that he will help me get through it.But, I realise that it's probably late where he is and I didn't wanna disturb him.I just wish there was a way to deal with this pain, but, every passing moment,the pain becomes overwhelming.I try to sleep so hard, but all the thoughts about my friends keep entering my mind not allowing me to sleep.I finally take a deep breath and decide to think about Jas, calming myself to sleep.My head was hurting from all that crying that my body finally decided to rest....and so I drifted off to sleep....