Chapter XVI

The Sudden Surprise

Nick's pov

I finally reached my hometown forks today.I came to stay with my foster parents.I have been waiting to surprise y/n all along.So, I went down to the place where all of the gang used to stay.I was being aware of not to get noticed by y/n at all...So I practically tip-toed to the place.I saw Paul,Embry and all the boys there and no sign of y/n.I walked over to them.But they were all shocked to see me.Embry called out,"Nick!? You're here? Already?"."Umm,yeah.."I say slightly disappointed but mostly confused."It's just.....uhh...we didn't expect to see you so soon"Embry said."Ok,Now I'm really disappointed...But,do you guys know where is y/n?"I ask casually sitting next to Jared.There was a lot of nervous tension when I asked the question,and no one seemed to respond.

There was a lot of nervous tension when I asked the question,and no one seemed to respond

"Uhhh.... Guys?"I say trying to get them to speak but they all look like they're hiding something.....big.....Embry started speaking,"Umm.....Nick, there has been so many changes since you left... well I wouldn't say many....but one huge change...."he stopped."I asked,"Well......?".He starts after taking a long breath"Y/n imprinted.........on a vampire....."he said with a sincere look on his face.I laughed, thinking it might be a joke,but everyone looks serious..A huge wave of sadness hits me and I feel tears stinging the corners of my eyes.I couldn't believe it....y/n would never hide something like that from me....Besides, I imprinted on her and I couldn't let myself believe it....that she imprinted on someone else....and that too a vampire....A very uneasy feeling that used to hit me earlier,hit me this time, but more fiercely...."No,no,no,no...I don't believe you..."I say, the sadness in my voice, noticeable."Nick-"Everyone starts calling me but I pay no attention and walk towards y/n's home...
My mind was bringing back every memory of her.... like the first time I saw her when I phased for the first time....

*Flashback*
I was walking through the forest, not understanding what was happening to me.Suddenly, I felt my body heating up like the fever I had a day before.My body began to feel expanded and when I opened my eyes and looked down I saw dark brown paws.I didn't have a clue of what was going on,but then I saw a guy, standing in front of me and telling me to cool down...I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself and I was back to my human form.....but,naked.

The guy introduced himself as Jacob and gave me some clothes to put on.He said he would explain what just happened to me and I followed him obediently,to a backyard of a house.There were many shirtless guys and only one girl among them,she looked rude,so I didn't stare.Jacob said,he would explain everything after everyone joined.I nodded my head,still trying to process everything happening around me...I was lighting up my cigarette and that's when I saw her, for the first time...she was holding a tray with coffee pot and little cups...Her (e/c) eyes met mine and my whole world shifted...

(play the music now)

I saw her past,her present

I saw her past,her present...it felt like more than seeing,it was like I was feeling her....her past, emotions,her pain, happiness and presence..I felt a connection the moment I saw her.... like my soul was bound to her...I wanted to protect her,cherish her and love her ,more than anything else...I could feel every sound around me but I was so taken by her, I never even thought to blink...I was pulled back into reality by her beautiful voice..."Hey, you must be new...I'm y/n and you are....?"."I... I'm Nick."I said despite getting distracted by her beautiful eyes."Would you like some coffee?"she asked."Yeah...thank you.."I said."Here you go..."she said handing me a cup of coffee.A man walked up to me and said,"So you are the new guy Jacob found?"."Yes sir"I say."Welcome to the pack"he said and put out his right hand to shake.I took it,and didn't say anything but smiled, looking at y/n."I see you've met my daughter.."he said and I replied with "Yes sir,but I still don't understand what is happening to me?"I say, trying not to be awkward."It's alright, I'll explain along the way, just follow me,and if I'm not here,My daughter will train you okay?"he said and I smiled at y/n and she returned her smile ,leaving with the rest of the 'Pack'.I followed him into the forest as I learnt of what supernatural creature I was....
*End of flashback*

I felt tears streaming down my face as the memories flooded in my mind.I walked faster now, picking up my pace even though my heart was breaking into a million pieces...

I walked faster now, picking up my pace even though my heart was breaking into a million pieces

Y/n's pov

I was walking with Jasper in the woods... stopping to tell him about my mysterious tattoo.. I turned his back to him and pulled my hair to the front to give him a good look...He traced his cold fingers...along the skin where my tattoo is.I turned to him, looking deep into his eyes..and leaning towards him...our lips touched and I could feel him smiling through the kiss."I should probably head back"I say and Jasper leaves me a few steps away from the front of my house..."See you tonight,y/n"he says and kisses me on the cheek and leaves.I walked through the edge of the forest and into my home,but as I lifted my head to look at my house, I saw Nick and I was beyond surprised and happy.I ran over to him and hugged him,"Nick! You're here! You're actually here".He hugged me back,tight and I knew he missed me too much."Hey"he said,his voice a little lower than usual."Are you alright?"I asked and he nodded his head and smiled...